Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Actives with passive feel

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
    Even that seems like a typo. Every other old instruction set and spec lists them as 80/3000hrs with some sets listed as 160/1500 under one pickup and nothing listed on the other.

I don’t have any knowledge as to what the differences are (if any) between the stock and KH set, just saying I don’t think the current draw spec is any indicator. I think it’s wrong.
    Hey it turns out I was wrong on this, I found out from the owner of EMG that they did update the preamp and the new current draw specs are indeed accurate. I haven’t heard the new ones so I can’t comment about how they sound or if the headroom has changed. But it’s good to know it’s not a typo!

Comment

Re: Actives with passive feel

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
      Hey it turns out I was wrong on this, I found out from the owner of EMG that they did update the preamp and the new current draw specs are indeed accurate. I haven’t heard the new ones so I can’t comment about how they sound or if the headroom has changed. But it’s good to know it’s not a typo!
      Talk about some confusing info on behalf of EMG! "hey it's the same!", "actually, we slightly tweaked it", no worries its the same as always, we just re-branded them", "well to be honest we did slightly change some properties of the the preamp"... But I guess this is what moves the market. Somehow they need to convince those who already own their products to buy again, because its now "improved" and "better". But it's not an isolated case with EMG, most every company does that I believe, so nothing against EMG, its just not my way of thinking.

Comment

Working...
      X