Best Pickup swap guitar, ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pickup swap guitar, ever!

Hello. In the following articles we will talk a little more about pickups and its classification. Previously i told about a history of the first electric guitar and emphasized an importance of inve…

Click image for larger version

Name:	0cddldo9hdaz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	5854701

Re: Best Pickup swap guitar, ever!

Those are neat, been around for a few years. I believe they are not availbable for sale to the public; just music retailers in order to help customers demo aftermarket pickups in store.

There is this newer design - available to the public- that can do different pickups both neck and bridge positions.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Why anybody would buy one to own is beyond me.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Because they are a music accessory retailer and it gives a way to actually demo a pickup before you buy!

I posted it a few years ago, I think they consensus was it was a concept and wasn’t functional?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Attach it to a motor and a Leslie-like 'fast/slow' switch, and we got a new guitar effect, right there.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Because they are a music accessory retailer and it gives a way to actually demo a pickup before you buy!
            It would be a cool concept to have a few of differing wood and construction in a shop, but I'm talking about having one amongst the ranks as one of your own personal guitars.

And I'm sure you'd have to have a lot of money to purchase one, not in that it's an expensive product, but because there are a considerable number of things you'd want before you got this far down the list.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Need a version that swaps the tone woodz.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                Those are neat, been around for a few years. I believe they are not availbable for sale to the public; just music retailers in order to help customers demo aftermarket pickups in store.

There is this newer design - available to the public- that can do different pickups both neck and bridge positions.

wow even better.
                sadly i donÂ’t know a shop which has this as a pickup demonstrator. they should be more popular
                of course tonewoods matter a lot, but A/B. comparisons are always helpful to get where you want.
                especially since you get the feel element with this one
                Last edited by ToneFiddler; 07-09-2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
                  wow even better.
                  sadly i donÂ’t know a shop which has this as a pickup demonstrator. they should be more popular
                  of course tonewoods matter a lot, but A/B. comparisons are always helpful to get where you want.
                  especially since you get the feel element with this one
                  This new one isn't for in-store demonstrations. This is for the guitarist who wants to be able to change from one pickup to another on the fly. This guitar is for sale to the public like other guitars.
                  Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

It sure would be nice to be able to plug in pick ups the way you plug gadgets into a wall outlet !

Comment

Originally posted by cincyguitar View Post
                      It sure would be nice to be able to plug in pick ups the way you plug gadgets into a wall outlet !
                      This is the problem with the pickup market...you have to make videos and audio clips and long descriptions because it is a pretty big process (to someone who has never done it) to change pickups. You can't instantly hear the difference, so you have to research, and hopefully pick the right one. Thing about these guitars is that they don't really let you know what it will sound like in your guitar, with your other pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
                        Two caveats with this guitar: The bridge pickup is an inch further away from the bridge than on a standard HH guitar. This makes the bridge sound fuller with more bass. Second: It has no neck pickup. A neck pickup generates a magnetic field which dampens the string. This effect prevents the guitar to sound free and loose - strats its called stratitis.
                        IMO everyone who uses this guitar as a decision for a purchase must be underwhelmed as he hears the pickup in his own guitar.
                        There are test guitars from Gibson using a in and out system than his revolving system. They are much better for testing.
                        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Well, the circle that the pickups are mounted on can't get any smaller. And while thee designs are great at hearing these pickups next to each other, you still can't hear what it sounds like in your guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Well, the circle that the pickups are mounted on can't get any smaller. And while thee designs are great at hearing these pickups next to each other, you still can't hear what it sounds like in your guitar.
                            You can at least get a good idea how the others sound in relation to each other and that's a big help if you already own one of the options in the loop.

Comment

Fishman has a neat little comparable system

Comment

Working...
                              X