Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Pickup swap guitar, ever!

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Those are neat, been around for a few years. I believe they are not availbable for sale to the public; just music retailers in order to help customers demo aftermarket pickups in store.

There is this newer design - available to the public- that can do different pickups both neck and bridge positions.

This guitar costs an absolute fortune. Like $16,000.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      This is the problem with the pickup market...you have to make videos and audio clips and long descriptions because it is a pretty big process (to someone who has never done it) to change pickups. You can't instantly hear the difference, so you have to research, and hopefully pick the right one. Thing about these guitars is that they don't really let you know what it will sound like in your guitar, with your other pickups.
      And the fact that just the way your brain works make those online descriptions color your initial perception of the sound. I'd be interested to see an experiment where the researchers straight up lie to "tone experts" about what pickup is in a guitar and see how long it takes them to realize somethings up.

OR... next we have a massive forum get together we should see can guess the 5 pickups the most accurately in under a minute.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        This guitar costs an absolute fortune. Like $16,000.
        Oh wow! I remember he said its "price-prohibitve" in his video but I never did the research to see what the actual price was.
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
        X