No announcement yet.

Neural DSP Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the mid-range frequency of this unit in the demos I've watched so far.

It's got potential to grow over time.

It's peaked my interest in their plugins now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
      It's peaked my interest in their plugins now too.
      Their plug-ins are amazing. Have you trialed any of them?

Comment

I wish I could but my laptop has gotten old and can barely run anything worthwhile besides Ms office & basic web browsing, anything more involved than that and it shuts down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          With so much hype, I don't think any product could live up to it.
          Its ok though. The people hyping it are also saying "it just needs time" to reach its potential. The vocal supporters are going to support it no matter what. The price was raised despite numerous issues.. so yeah.

The weird thing to me, and what some people on TGP have picked up on, is that the plugins are different from the QC, and in fact sound better. If they want to build upon their track record of good plugins, the QC needed to be a platform to run those plugins and for nearly 2K should have included them. It appears that they are going with a payed profile model. The QC is just an entry point, you can either pay more for their profiles or deal with their closed garden mess of cloud system.

I knew this thing was going to be a problem when they announced that you can't independently load profiles; it has to be done through their web service. Add to that excessive noise floor, ground loop issues, bad power supplies, lack of quality effects, and a UI that is not well designed. The thing is a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
            Add to that excessive noise floor, ground loop issues, bad power supplies, lack of quality effects, and a UI that is not well designed. The thing is a mess.
            Wow, is all that true?

I haven't kept up with the QC progress. Initial reviews were very favorable. Are these problems widespread?

As you mentioned, the plug-ins are friggin' fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

Wow, is all that true?

I haven't kept up with the QC progress. Initial reviews were very favorable. Are these problems widespread?

As you mentioned, the plug-ins are friggin' fantastic!
              Dunno where you've been reading your reviews from, but I don't think I've seen anyone praise anything about it except for the capture ability.

Comment

I skimmed through a few of the bigger threads over on TGP just now...seems there are some common issues, but people are either finding ways around those or Neural is reportedly in the process of fixing.

Sounds like the type of "Gen 1" bugs you might expect for the first major hardware product released by a "software" company. They definitely rushed it, but I'm not getting the impression from current owners that all is lost...

Plenty of users aren't experiencing problems and it seems the majority of people posting are praising the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                  Plenty of users aren't experiencing problems and it seems the majority of people posting are praising the unit.
                  Just the capture ability. It is not universally agreed to be better than Kemper. Better at some things, not at others. Even if its the same or better quality as Kemper, the closed garden pay to play model is hanging over it.

Cloud service is a mess and QC is completely lacking a robust FX selection. Developing FX to level of other brands will take years, yet they are focused on bug fixes and monetizing their cloud. That is why I don't see it ever happening. The higher noise floor would irk me, and its unclear if its a hardware or sw issue.

For perspective, most software projects fail. I think Neural decided it was going to be successful even before they had a working demo. I'd like to think that Boss, Line6, etc prototype their units, conduct design reviews with storyboards and design, run the FX/models natively to prove their quality before porting to the hardware etc. It doesn't look like Neural did that. They built a box that could be expanded on, yet a box with potentially fatal flaws. The cloud service is at the level of prototype without ability to tag/organize captures.

IMO they should have used their plugins as the basis for the QC, porting them all over to the hardware and proving that they sound as good as the PC versions.

Last edited by Top-L; 08-12-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I think Neural decided it was going to be successful even before they had a working demo. I'd like to think that Boss, Line6, etc prototype their units, conduct design reviews with storyboards and design, run the FX/models natively to prove their quality before porting to the hardware etc. It doesn't look like Neural did that.
                    You may be right. I'm surprised that it wasn't in better shape out of the gate considering how long they waited to release it.

IMO they should have used their plugins as the basis for the QC, porting them all over to the hardware and proving that they sound as good as the PC versions.
                    #truth

Comment

Working...
                    X