What's the name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the name...

Of that thing that replaces the trem claw in your guitar so you only have to turn a single screw to move both the left and right side of the claw?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: What's the name...

Tremsetter?

Comment

No it's not a tremsetter. All it does is adjust the claw. It has no effect on your playing, it just makes it easier to adjust the bridge.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Hmm

Comment

Ah, it's a Schaller Sure Claw.

Comment

If anyone has one they aren't using, I'd be happy to buy it off them. The price is a bit steep new.

Comment

Never heard of it, but it sounds handy. Good luck on your search.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

That thumb screw/ wheel used on Ibanez Edge Zero.

Comment

You know, I heard your description and was about to ask “what’s the point?”

I looked at it... is it so you can more precisely set the string tension for a floating tremolo? More specifically a lightly sprung Floyd? (My floating Strat with 10-52 and 5 springs needs pretty coarse adjustment with a screwdriver, I’m not used to a 9-42 set with 2/3 springs...)
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

No.....I know what you’re talking about. Can’t remember what it’s called though.

Look up Darth Phineas on Instagram. He just had a write up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      You know, I heard your description and was about to ask “what’s the point?”

I looked at it... is it so you can more precisely set the string tension for a floating tremolo? More specifically a lightly sprung Floyd? (My floating Strat with 10-52 and 5 springs needs pretty coarse adjustment with a screwdriver, I’m not used to a 9-42 set with 2/3 springs...)
                      Well, I'm mainly getting it because I've gone and stripped one of the screw holes on my main Strats. I've figured since I'm near always experimenting with different strings and brands on that guitar, I might as well get one instead of simply fixing the hole.

Comment

Y'all have a pic of this? I can't quite imagine what it is.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've seen this before. I'm too lazy to go find pics. But I've always wondered how this is any different than just adjusting the two screws on a standard trem claw?

Comment

Is this the one?

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              That’s the one I was thinking of

Comment

Working...
                              X