The Vox stomplab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vox stomplab

I can't stand this thing every time you change channels or presets or whatever the volume blasts.
    You have to zero everything manually with both damn dials & the pedal, every time you switch it.
    Last edited by solspirit; 07-10-2020, 06:29 AM.

Re: The Vox stomplab

That sucks
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Yeah. My wife got me one for Christmas last year. If you're on a tight budget, it's an ok way to get into modeling. But it is quirky, with a hard to manage menu system. On the upside, it doesn't sound bad.

Comment

It does sound good but what a pia. I wonder if the tonelab is the same.
        Last edited by solspirit; 07-10-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Tonelab is way better. I have both.

Comment

Does it have the same volume issues?

I like to play at night when my girlfriends in bed, having to go in there and peel her off the ceiling every time I change presets is getting old... She has been super cool about it but it's a completely rude thing to do.
            Unfortunately, I always forget to zero the values before I change presets.
            Last edited by solspirit; 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I've never noticed volume issues, but I haven't messed with it for awhile. Let me dig it out and play with it some more.

Comment

I gigged with a Tonelab (borrowed) for a while. I thought it sounded great and I never had volume or switching problems. I though it was just the Valvetronix simulator in a pedal format (could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like).

Comment

The tonelab looks Head and shoulders above the stomplab, they're not even in the same class from what I understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X