Favorite Tuners for use with Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Tuners for use with Floyd Rose

Simple question, what tuners do you like to use with a Floyd Rose (style) locking nut.

Someone will say “it doesn’t matter, just use your favorite tuners” but that’s not what I’m asking. Just simply asking what tuners everyone likes with a locking nut. (There are at least a few here that like locking tuners for easier/faster string changes). Light weight might be another factor...

What do you have and use?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Favorite Tuners for use with Floyd Rose

Just regular Grover's and Schaller's (or equivalent) They are rock solid, dependable and have a great feel and movement. Most decent guitars come with perfectly adequate ones already. I have no need for locking ones since I can string a Floyd fast and easy enough with the method I use and it's less to go wrong and to fiddle with without the locking mechanism. Really nothing to it beyond that.

Comment

Thank you. I’m leaning toward Schaller.

(Think of the perspective not of upgrading but of building up a new neck)
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I love the open-gear Schallers, simply because they look awesome.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I use whatever locking tuners look the best on the guitar. I also use a zero fret instead of a locking nut.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Thank you. I’m leaning toward Schaller.

(Think of the perspective not of upgrading but of building up a new neck)
            I'm a fan of Gotoh SG38s if you like a modern look. They're similar to Schallers, but typically have a slightly better gear ratio and don't cost quite as much.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Cheap and light. It really doesn't matter much with a locking nut. If scratch building, I'd probably go with simple vintage Fender style ones. They are lightweight, classy, and quick.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Schaller M series. They aren't cheap, but I know that I am getting something rock solid.

Comment

I always liked locking ones so string changes were faster.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X