Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH Set for a Custom Strat

What's up guys?

I'm looking for input on pups for a Strat. Roasted Alder body, Roasted Maple Neck and Board. HSH.

Versatile but mainly Metal. Start with Duncans and go from there.

Thanks!

Re: HSH Set for a Custom Strat

What string guage?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      What string guage?
      9-42.

Comment

Unless you're doing ridiculously heavy stuff all the time, a Sentient neck, Classic Stack middle, and 59/Custom Hybrid bridge will do just about any sound you'll ever need and they'll do it well. Here are some clips:

Some forums you'll find guys who write long romanticized paragraphs about a set of pickups and usually it's just a half decent set of pickups, but these are one of the few sets out there deserving of such high praise. It's my favorite HSH for just about any genre.

Each of these pickups do many things, and they do them all well.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I'm always in standard tuning so no drop-x stuff going on. That's what the 7 and 8 are for. This will be a 6 string.

I've always been interested in the 59/Custom Hybrid and have heard great things about the Sentient.

Thanks, I believe you've nailed it!

Comment

Pegasus/Classic Stack/Sentient
            All 3 sound amazing in alder, and wonderful for metal (and dead silent too).
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool, thanks! I'll make a note of that as well. It's gonna be a while before I do this. I already have a different Strat being built now.

Comment

Working...
              X