banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2x P90 guitar - switch for series wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2x P90 guitar - switch for series wiring?

With a Freeway Switch instead of the Standard toggle switch you get 6 different sounds.

See the 4th schematic with SS pickups.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 07-14-2020, 09:32 AM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

thanks hamerfan.

Looks like what I need.

(and also a new neck pickup. I managed to kill the "patient" with my surgery last night. )

But thanks alot!

A new, actually functioning soldering iron- is the thing I'll buy first of all!! :o
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

I read about the P90 incident: Just for **** and giggles try to unwind the P90. Caveat: you will See several Breaks until you find a resistance with a Multimeter. Voila and you have a Low wind P 90.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I live for high-gain tones and lots of winds

cheers

-Erl
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

The problem is really the "one off" arched pickup cover.. :/

so.. I hope my GFS preplacment, will fit up with the pole pieces holes, and everything.

-Erl

Comment

Won't there be noise issues wiring P-90s in series if they have the vintage Gibson-style braided shield? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that P-90s need to be 3-conductor (hot, shield, dedicated ground) in order to do series wiring without the shield becoming a noise antenna. IIRC something similar needs to be done with the neck pickup cover when wiring a Tele in series.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                Won't there be noise issues wiring P-90s in series if they have the vintage Gibson-style braided shield? Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that P-90s need to be 3-conductor (hot, shield, dedicated ground) in order to do series wiring without the shield becoming a noise antenna. IIRC something similar needs to be done with the neck pickup cover when wiring a Tele in series.
                I can live with some noise.

The stock pickups came with plastic coated wiring, i think with a braided "ground" outside of the "Hot" wire, with some insulation in between.

The bridge pickup is completely! silent now- even more so, after I applied silicone to dampen the cover. (It was horribly microphonic).

I hope my replacement neck pickup will be cool aswell .

-Erl

Comment

Working...
                X