banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget 2x12 combos: Boss Katana or Blackstar Core:ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Budget 2x12 combos: Boss Katana or Blackstar Core:ID?

ZT I believe

Comment

My personal experience (after playing music for over 20 years).

The Blackstar "Id:Core" sounds HORRIBLE. I bought one of the smaller combos (the 2x20 watt one), and ALL of the sounds were NASTY, :/ cool with all the effects and all,

some of the reverbs were really nice. But the "main tone" and the preamp sounds- were just ... nasty. I returned it.

Tried the Boss Katana aswell, that one has the classic "COSM" tone- that some love, and others hate.

I personally can't stand any kind/type of digital equipment- but would REALLY prefer the Boss one .

rock on! \m/

-Erlend
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Personal preference and taste MAY VARY!

\m/

EDIT: I've found cool (though really "cosm" flavoured) tones from Boss digital gear;
        but the Blackstar digital stuff, just turned me off, HARD. :/

best wishes.

-Erl
        Last edited by Erlend_G; 07-14-2020, 05:53 AM.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Managed to track down a Katana 2x12 from a school supplies shop (who knew). Had to pay full MSRP, but these are the times we live in! Thanks for your input, everyone, it was a big help. I might have dodged a bullet not just getting the Blackstar out of desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankensteinsLobster View Post
            Managed to track down a Katana 2x12 from a school supplies shop (who knew). Had to pay full MSRP, but these are the times we live in! Thanks for your input, everyone, it was a big help. I might have dodged a bullet not just getting the Blackstar out of desperation.
            Think you will be very happy with it. Let us know!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
            • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
            • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
            • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
            • G&L Tribute Comanche
            • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
            • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
            • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Ok Cool!

The Katana amps are alot of amp for the budget. And can be tweaked *alot*

congrats.!

Comment

Working...
              X