Re: Scotch-brite'ing the neck

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
    you guys are making me want to wax my wood long time
    Sig worthy...

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      I wish you guys could feel the neck I did above in person...no wax
      It looks sexy as hell. There’s that perfect amount of texture where the friction is nonexistent, and it looks like you nailed it.

To anybody who has a perpetually sticky neck, give it a shot. My hand has always stuck to gloss finishes, and any sort of factory matte finish has eventually become glossy and sticky. My main instrument is a Gibson F-5 that went for over $10k new. Whenever I play with my band outside, my hand stuck to it like glue. My answer to that:

Click image for larger version

Name:	621FB254-B53B-497A-BF53-2B255F84F0F3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	5821081
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I didn't take any pics of the before, sorry. On the necks that are only clear-coated, the difference is nearly impossible to photograph, so here are a couple of shots of the colored necks. You can see the difference on the Gretsch very clearly. One the Danelectro, it's a little harder to spot. These were both done with the maroon, and not gently.

Name:	IMG_1648.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	5821086Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1651.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	5821087

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Excellent feedback.

Any before/after photos?
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
          These were both done with the maroon, and not gently.
          Yeah, there's a lot more wiggle room on a factory poly finish compared to a hand-rubbed Tru-Oil, for example, but gettin' down with the Maroon pad looks like it had some great results!

Comment

Yeah, I was muuuch more gentle on the Tribute-series LP, which only has a thin coat of nitro. I could tell immediately that I could easily just sand right through that. It came with a satin finish, anyway, but my hand had rubbed it to a slight sheen. Which I expect will happen again, with all of these. But now that I know how easy it is to fix, no worries.

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
            Yeah, there's a lot more wiggle room on a factory poly finish compared to a hand-rubbed Tru-Oil, for example, but gettin' down with the Maroon pad looks like it had some great results!
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              I didn't take any pics of the before, sorry. On the necks that are only clear-coated, the difference is nearly impossible to photograph, so here are a couple of shots of the colored necks. You can see the difference on the Gretsch very clearly. One the Danelectro, it's a little harder to spot. These were both done with the maroon, and not gently.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]105770[/ATTACH]
              Yes, very apparent on the Gretsch. I just need to suck it up and do it... I love the guitars I already have with satin necks.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I didn't even see this post before posting mine. The green Scotch Brite worked wonders on the body, better on the back than the front, but I like it.

Name:	eMatte.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	5821092Click image for larger version

Name:	fMatte.jpg
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	5821093

Name:	gMatte.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5821094Click image for larger version

Name:	hMatte.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	5821095

It was suggested on another forum to go over the body with turtle wax/scratch remover, which I'm not fussed about right now because I have to put the guitar back together first.

Comment

Working...
                X