Pickups Upgrade for My Ibanez RG8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups Upgrade for My Ibanez RG8

I’m considering upgrading the pickups on my Ibanez RG8 guitar. I’m eyeing for a passive pickup that has more output than in the stock pickups, especially the bridge pickup. It is tuned to F# standard. The guitar that I have has a meranti core body and jatoba fretboard.

I have been eyeing on the Seymour Duncan Sentient Neck and Pegasus Bridge set and I’m wanting to use a 5 way pickup switch for quick coil-splitting and/or series/parallel switching options. I don’t know if meranti would be too dark for the pickups as it’s tonally similar to mahogany.
    Last edited by Lucky Eastwood; 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM.

Re: Pickups Upgrade for My Ibanez RG8

The Pegasus and Sentient are wonderful for low tunings; I use them for drop A and G# (not quite F. Lol I would say if you want to have more mid range then the Nazgul. I play metalcore and etc but have loved my Pegasus and Sentient since I got them. My favorite set for heavy music so far. They do pretty well for clean if you roll that volume knob back too.

Comment

Re: Pickups Upgrade for My Ibanez RG8

I had an Ibanez Tosin Abasi for awhile. His DiMarzio signature pickups were awesome. Obviously great metal tone, and maybe even better cleans.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
      X