Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson files new lawsuits

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    I'm surprised they aren't suing Santa Cruz. This would be an $11,000 infringement right here:
    And look at the inlays! They're giving Gibson the middle finger! :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      Your post has absolutely no resemblance to reality.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maestro-By-...ry!55318!US!-1

Comment

Seems like $1k SGs and $2500k LPs would be in between.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          And look at the inlays! They're giving Gibson the middle finger! :P
          That's what I thought when I first saw it!

Comment

I maintain my position on idsnowdog's post. He is either lying, or is completely clueless.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
              ...$50 plywood "Les Pauls"...while also producing $10,000 collectors models with nothing in between...
              Huh? Ever heard of Epiphone? Or the variety of sub-$1000 USA-made models they've had over the past 7-8 years?

I mean, the company still sucks, but I'm not sure why you believe Maestro and Gibson USA Custom Shop are the only offerings out there, LOL!

Comment

I maintain my position on idsnowdog's post. He is either lying, or is completely clueless.
                Congratulations you can't identify sarcasm. I hear people with Aspergers have trouble with it. Might want to get tested Rainman. As for the middle ground why would you lessen the value of your flagship by slapping the Les Paul and Gibson name on everything?
                Last edited by idsnowdog; 07-15-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

^^
                  You do realize that sarcasm is not always obvious with the printed word, especially on an internet forum.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Poor attempt at deflection..... Translation: I'm dancing as fast as I can.

Comment

Poor attempt at deflection..... Translation: I'm dancing as fast as I can.
                      Tanslate this GFYMAC

Comment

Tanslate
                        Spellcheck says "Sunbathes in the afternoon".

Comment

Man, I hope I don't have an unlicensed dream about a Les Paul or Explorer... I might have to pay Gibson royalties lol
                          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Spellcheck says "Sunbathes in the afternoon".
                            Now that is funny right there!

Point goes to Goober!

Comment

Guitar companies really need to stop copying Fender and Gibson. That said Gibson sat idly while lots of other companies made Explorers and Vs, which ironically Gibson did have design patents on.

Fender lost similar lawsuits when the judge ruled they waited too long and allowed those designs to become generic.

Gibson did the same. Problem these days is Henry Juszkiewicz ran Gibson into the ground. Now the new owners are concerned with not losing anymore money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                                Guitar companies really need to stop copying Fender and Gibson. That said Gibson sat idly while lots of other companies made Explorers and Vs, which ironically Gibson did have design patents on.

Fender lost similar lawsuits when the judge ruled they waited too long and allowed those designs to become generic.

Gibson did the same. Problem these days is Henry Juszkiewicz ran Gibson into the ground. Now the new owners are concerned with not losing anymore money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I agree. The entire guitar and bass industry needs to take a step back a bit for resource reasons alone. On top of that, if a guitar company is not bringing anything of their own to the table, they really should cease to exist at this point. I want to see the original innovators rise to the top while the companies who have earned their place are given some room to breathe finally (Gibson, Fender, PRS, etc).

As far as how each company decides to run itself, well, that is on them. I have not owned a Gibson since about 2008 now, but that was a fine guitar. If they failed to secure their own design property rights over the years, that is not my problem. At least they are trying to now I guess?

However, the whole world could use a whole lot less new cars and guitars on lots and shelves at the end of the day. There is not enough market demand to be consuming this many resources in the hopes of improving the quarterly bottom line. A lot of dust gets collected on a lot of things that never should have come into existence.
                                Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                                X