My latest obsession - Jackson Headstocks w/ Abalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest obsession - Jackson Headstocks w/ Abalone

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of Jackson guitars, and the Abalone logo inlay just takes me back to that era of guitars.... very gaudy but super cool. Anyone else like these or is it too over-the-top for everyone?

Simple black with simple binding

Black with gold hardware

Subtle flame with simple binding

Blue flame with gold hardware

Blue burst with chrome hardware

Green and gold

Burst and black
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: My latest obsession - Jackson Headstocks w/ Abalone

It is a little gaudy for me. Reminds me of Kiesel designs, which I generally don't like.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If it was MOP it would look sweet but otherwise a big pass for me. If you like it that's all that matters. It would be a boring world if we all loved the same thing. On a side note, I'm a big fan of the pointy head toothpaste logo Charvels, I've yet to own one yet though. I love abalone on chinese furniture/decor and stuff but for some reason I just never could gel with it on a guitar and steer clear of it. I bet all those Jacksons are sexy though, i'm a fan of Jackson no doubt great guitars.

Comment

i can dig it on the right guitar

Comment

PP hard.

Comment

I don't care for their logo and their guitars are not for me,, but that head shape is awesome going up or down.
            In fact I'd call that head shape the OG of pointy styles.
            Last edited by dave74; 07-15-2020, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Pretty

I want a "pickup switch back cover" made out of wood veneer, with my name engraved on it .
              If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Meh...it's like driving around in a Mercedes after winning a state lottery.

I used to love 'em when abalone, MOP, flame/ quilted top were available exclusively in USA made/ expensive guitars. These days even Chinese ones come with them as standard features.

How did you get all those headstock photos by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                  Meh...it's like driving around in a Mercedes after winning a state lottery.

I used to love 'em when abalone, MOP, flame/ quilted top were available exclusively in USA made/ expensive guitars. These days even Chinese ones come with them as standard features.

How did you get all those headstock photos by the way?
                  I think there’s a difference between fake abalone on my Schecter and real abalone on a Jackson. I get it though, with flame veneer and the replicas of shell inlays the look has gone from rare to common.

I just used Google image search for the photos.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    I don't care for their logo and their guitars are not for me,, but that head shape is awesome going up or down.
                    In fact I'd call that head shape the OG of pointy styles.
                    It is a “right” for pointies as Gibson is “right” for 6 on a side traditional. The angles and proportions are pleasing to the eye.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Those are cool looking and you're right to be enthused about them I think...

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        I think there’s a difference between fake abalone on my Schecter and real abalone on a Jackson. I get it though, with flame veneer and the replicas of shell inlays the look has gone from rare to common.

I just used Google image search for the photos.
                        As far as I know Schecter uses real Abalone on all their guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 80's View Post
                          As far as I know Schecter uses real Abalone on all their guitars.
                          Huh, interesting. I thought that it was tough to import/export. That might be a recent restriction.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Awesome eye candy!

I like the blue ones best.
                            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I don't think that it's gaudy at all. But I bet that it comes at a premium.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X