banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overpriced - as always - but they might be on to something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpriced - as always - but they might be on to something...

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

If the would go in the 1000-1300 range, I'd say that these are prolly the best bang for buck instruments that I am aware of. Weird to see a Jackson without the scarf joint, but that burl top Soloist with the fading finish at the heel is sexy AF. Also, they forgot to photosop the back of the headstock on some pics and it looks like these are produced in Korea (KWJ= Korea Worls Musical Instrument Jackson?). If these ever go down in price, I'll get one for sure. But with almost USA/mint condition used USA price I think I'll pass. If it's not a keeper than I bet I'd have a hard time flipping it without loosing big time money on it due to the Made in USA snobbery. :/

Re: Overpriced - as always - but they might be on to something...

$1800 street?!?!

Holy crap, mang! That can easily buy 2 upper-end MIJ models from the 2000's or even a used USA Custom Shop in some cases!

The finishes are gorgeous, though. The Transparent Black Burst ones strongly remind me of my Chapman Norseman, which was also made in Korea.

That said, I paid less than 1/3 that much for my Norseman on the secondhand market and it's easily as nice of a guitar as any Jackson could ever be (and I'm a long-time Jackson fan)!

Comment

Yup, huge fanboi here too, but 18 hundred is just stupid money, even if the build quality is on par with the USA or old Japanese stuff. Thats about the top that I would pay for any top of the line production model guitar, but for that money it has to be flawless, which I doubt they are. Not saying they are badly build, but I guess they don't come with the kind of impeccable fretwork that for example my E-II has. And on top of that, these things will (hopefully ) have an insane drop in resale value due to their country of origin. But I really dig the fact that they're willing to incorporate some "premium" features in their non-USA models. It's something that they should've done already - just not for this price...
      Last edited by nexion218; 07-15-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah, those are about $500 too expensive, and at that price, your choices really open up. Well, I hope they know what they are doing, or they adjust their prices. Most likely, they were originally designed to a price point, and not the other way around.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just saw a fax from 1986 requesting floating bridge guitars and plenty of hair spray in the case.

Comment

I hope that they're just trying to milk people by announcing it as a limited series and get them to buy these at a pushed price and when the buying frenzy subsides they lower the tag to sell the units that haven't been sold at the pushed price. I believe they did something similar with the USA WR7 models: they started at around 6k, then went down considerably and have been phased out completely since then...

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
              I hope that they're just trying to milk people by announcing it as a limited series and get them to buy these at a pushed price and when the buying frenzy subsides they lower the tag to sell the units that haven't been sold at the pushed price. I believe they did something similar with the USA WR7 models: they started at around 6k, then went down considerably and have been phased out completely since then...
              I think in that case, they completely misjudged what the market will bear. Maybe that is the case here, too...we will see.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That’s a lot of money for that type of guitar. Still it has some high quality stuff like an original Floyd Rose, neck through, etc. Korean made guitars are now on the same price range as Japanese higher end guitars, at least here in Europe. Apparently there some market for those type of guitars and it seems that Jackson wants a piece of that.

Always been a Jackson fan since the early 90-s when a lot of bands played RR or King V-s.

Comment

Working...
                X