I used to have a strat..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to have a strat..

With a bridge pos, lil screaming demon in the neck pos. I absolutely loved it, do you think I would get the same results from a full sized humbucker or should I stick with the same thing?

Re: I used to have a strat..

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    do you think I would get the same results from a full sized humbucker?
    No, full size and lil humbuckers sound differently. A full size Demon could sound good in the neck, but if you like the lil Demon and want it to sound like that then go with that.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I loved it but I felt like it lacked a little mid-range and seriously lacked the highs. Do you think of full size would make up for that?

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
        I loved it but I felt like it lacked a little mid-range and seriously lacked the highs. Do you think of full size would make up for that?
        i have the lil demon neck and it’s lower output than the full size or lil demon bridge.
        i’ve want it to be brighter use a higher pot value or disconnect the tone.
        more mids: maybe switch to the lil 59 version or red devils?

Comment

The full-size Screamin' Demon makes an excellent neck pickup!

As for its similarity to the "lil" version, it's a little hard to say, as I haven't used the lil' bridge version in the neck myself or directly compared the lil' vs full size back-to-back. Most feel that, of all the "lil" pickups, the lil' Demon sounds closest to its bigger brother.

That said, the full size 'bucker will likely have a little more midrange and the top end is probably going to be similarly bright, but also a little fuller sounding overall.

Comment

Part of what makes a mini-humbucker and full-sized humbucker sound different is their sensing aperature and their position under the strings. A wider aperature has a wider frequency range while a smaller aperature has a narrower frequency range. In general, I'm not a big fan of any of the mini-humbuckers except for the Dimarzio Fastrack II.

Comment

I love the more "focused" frequency range of the single-coil-size humbucker. I have a Hot Rails in the neck of my Strat and a Duckbucker in the middle and the way the HR cuts for solos and the Duckbucker is full yet bright is really nice. No shame in using the little one if you know you like the little one.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I say, if you like it, stick with it. It is a great sound.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

forget my first post. i thought you were taking 'bout the neck lil demon SLSD-1n.
                  BUt you are talking about the lil demon bridge PU SLSD-1b in the Neck spot.
                  i never had the SH-12 and the SLSD-1b in the same guitar, but the lil version bridge PU feels much more compressed than it's big brother.
                  I claim the opposite: SH-12 is brighter and less middy than the SLSD-1b.
                  i had the lil demon in an alder body all maple neck strat-style guitar (250k pots Vol; no tone).
                  the demon in 2 different BlackBeauty LPs (500k Vol. and Tone).

i had the same experience with the lil 59 and the full size HB.:
                  SH-1b - much more open and scooped (500k Vol. and Tone).
                  Lil 59 - mid heavy, round and a lot of compression. (250k pots Vol; no tone)
                  Last edited by ToneFiddler; 07-15-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X