Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UGD - Photos and Impressions

I'M BACK! AND BACK ONLINE!

I'll start off by saying Evan was right, it was indeed, EPIC! I wish that I would have been able to spend more time with you guys in SB, instead of having to head back to LA on Friday night/Saturday morning. Man that was the longest drive of my life!!

It was great getting to meet the people who make the ingredients to my tone obsession. MJ was a SWEETHEART! Justin was a nice guy as well. Cathy was nice, as was Sabina, Wanda, and everyone whose name I can't think of. It cracked my Jamie and I up that Cathy commented on our southern draaawll. Evan was the best tour guide ever, however I could tell he was MAJORLY burned out worn out after it all, so let's all give him a hand. It was great meeting Seymour and getting my Tele signed.

Brendan, Joe, Jolly, Scott, Steve, Jeff, Everyone named Chris! ,Bones, Rob Brisk, Mike, Kevin, Jeremy, Dave........uh who have I not mentioned who I got to talk to for any length of time? Anyway it was GREAT meeting you all. All you guys are welcome at my place in good ole AR ANYTIME!! I hope to see you all again, and soon. Brendan, don't forget I've got a Dr. Pepper family down the road!!!

To Evan, Scott, and Bill....IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Snipetts:

Factory:
      I dug meeting Seymour, I wish I had been able to monpolize more of his time. I wanted to show him this schematic..

MJ was cool, and very patient. (Attention pickup winders: Has MJ offered any of you a JOB? I didn't think so.)

JAM:
      Seymour said he "liked the stuff I played". That I'll remember for a long time.

It was very cool playing with that dynamite rhythm section. Man, I forgot how easy it is to play when the other musicians are so good. (PS: What were their names? Jill? Lisa?).

During the jam I introduced myself to Dave Mustane. He says "Hi, I'm Dave", like I didn't know. I s'pose I look pretty old. I said "I know. I like your band".

There were LOT's of cool guitars. I saw a cool Heritage, B2Ds Strat, several Teles, the Scary ESP, a couple of PRS's, a cool Dean Hardtail & I lost count of how many Lesters.

And, the cheescake was good.

BBB
      Dirt

Oh, so that's what an invisible barrier looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo
        A re-enactment for those who couldn't attend...

In all seriousness, B2D, that was a great, heartfelt speech...I got a lump
        in my throat hearing you deliver it--well done!!

hahahaha! I am laughing out loud here. You just left off the one dog ripping the throat out of the other dog! Where's the blood? I'm serious, there had to have been some blood shed on the other side of that hedge.

That was the funniest picture of the weekend. Thanks Kazoo!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

OMG!!! there was cheesecake????!?!?

now i really regret i was not able to get there!!!!!

Comment

I would have loved to make the treck from Canada.. maybe next time if there is ever one !
            Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
            Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
            Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
            Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

Tone bros, and sis , your posts and pics make it ALMOST seem like I was there (but not quite). SD is an AWESOME company.

Brendan, your speech is amazing! I, for one, believe you represented us (and the project) fabulously.
              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

another cool thing...

a few of us went to go see the atomic punks at a local club friday night and george lynch got up and played a vh tune and a couple dokken tunes. very cool stuff, played his ass off at that show and looked like he had alot of fun doing it

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I was nervous as hell delivering that thing but it got done, barking dogs and all.

Time for some shoutouts:

Brisk: You may have a "boring" job but you sure ain't! Your lighthearted sense of humor always brought a smile to my face. I'm sure we'll see each other again in the future! And tell your brother not to smoke too much.

Scott_F: The big tall Texan with a heart as twice as big as the state he hails from. Always a good sounding board for jokes, laughs, advice, bathroom directions, etc. Your son, daughter and wife are very, very lucky people.

Blue Calx: You're allllriiight man! Honest, kind, caring, considerate and a much better guitar player than you realize. Hope to see you in CA again sometime soon!

JumpMarine: You described yourself as a "poor farmer from Washington" but all I see is a man who is rich in heart and loves to make friends. Good things await you in the future.

Jeremy: Blessed are those who have not seen... or at least seen the "Passion of the Telecaster" picture... and still believed that you can tear it up on a Tele. If I'm ever in NY I'll stop by to say hi!

Gearjoneser: One of the most well-rounded people from the Hollyweird area I've ever met! Pulled out the best damn version of Cocaine I've heard yet. Clapton could take a few hints. Tell your lady I said hi and keep smacking up them disrespectful little brats! Oh yes and good luck with the... well you know what I mean.

Luke Duke: The living definition of Southern Hospitality. Can you believe you've got a PRS yet? You and your wife make the cutest couple and you're both just as nice as can be. Next time you're in CA gimmie a call!

Jeff Dunne (DSS3): You ain't 14 years old... not in manner and not in playing; you struck me as being quite a bit older. You'll go far in life if you keep those two things up - count on it.

Dirtbagg Dave: Dijda get that Charvel set up yet? Shoot me a PM when you do and we'll see if we can jam sometime!

Curly: The quiet one that just likes to soak it in and smile. It was fun hanging out with you bro! Hope I didn't scare ya when I surprised you in the parking lot!

GoMano (Robb): You're very blessed... a supremely skilled guitarist with lethal legato licks, a beautiful, talented, friendly wife and great kids. I'll be a regular at Peace machine shows from now on!

Jolly: Non-stop, George D!ckle-soaked hilarity. I've never laughed so hard in my life. And yet you still retain the Southern Gentlemen through it all ("I can't tell that story now... LC's here!!!") You RAWK!!
                  Last edited by B2D; 04-28-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Bill "tone4days" Cozzo: Two words.... PIZZA HHGGCAAT!!! Full of great stories, great laughs, and priceless advice... oh crap was that the turn back there?

Kaknight: Thanks to your recommendation, I now own one of what I think is the best-sounding acoustic guitar on the planet. Thanks!!

MikeRocker: You're one hell of a musician and performer, man! Keep up the good work!

Bones: Jolly's right... genes DON'T mean sh*t no more!!! Good times!

Jeff_H: I dunno what was funnier... Watching Jolly or watching you piss Jolly off with the Peppermint-Chocolate-Poo mints. : You're a great guy, and don't you forget it!

Stevo: The man can manhandle a Plexi and take some great photos! Thanks a whole bunch for that shot of me, LC, and Seymour in the hotel hallway. That alone raises you to Nobel Prize status in my book.

The Crew
                    Thank you to the Seymour Duncan staff (Cathy, Billy, Scott, Sabina, Wanda, Jessica, Madison, Mr. Stryker (rad name, btw)), for being so nice to let us trample all over the factory and raise holy hell in the sound room. Thanx to MJ for being patient with me on the scatterwinding and for being a master of her craft. Thanx to Art Thompson for being cool enough to even show up and talk to me and answer questions about the SD interview he did 9 years ago. Thanx to Evan "Bill Nye the Science Guy" Skopp for giving us thew goods with that amazing tour and being the Main Man for the entire thing. Thanx to Kellie for being a sweeteart and putting up with all those Custom order I threw at you back when I worked for GC. Thanx to George Lynch and Dave Mustaine for honoring us with your presence and making us feel like part of an even LARGER community of musicians.

The Specials

Seymour W. Duncan Himself: For being who he is and for changing our tones and our lives with what he's created. Perhaps my fondest memories of the whole trip will be when he thanked my for the speech I wrote and when he stood in the hallway with me when we were both warming up for the jam, just talking about So Cal and Doheny Beach and D!ck Dale and the Wedge as if he'd known me for a while now. Amazing person, thats all I can say. Oh yeah and about being a little rusty from not playing? Yeaahhhhh riiiiight.

and finally....

London_Clash: How do I say thank you to you? What can I say that I haven't already said? Anything I could say would just pale in comaparison to my deepest feelings of thanks to you for just allowing me to drag you up there and share this whole awesome experience with you, and my feelings of thanks to you that you are such a wonderful young woman. You have been, are, and always will always be my best friend. God Bless Robin May.

If I left you out, just cough and I'll pop back in.

Comment

wow i really iwsh i had found a way to go, too bad i live up nroth and it was exam time for me. DAm i realy could have sued the good memories especially now.
                      Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

*cough*

=P

there will come atime when i'll be able to attend this

Comment

Gee, guess who!

After getting to finally meet so many of you all face-to-face and getting to sing with Stevo, Jeremy & The Grlz, I figured I've been officially "initiated" into the Brethren of the SDUG, (...er, I prefer "sista"...homey don't play that game). So, of course, I HAD to get my own log-in name!

It was an absolute delight and pleasure to meet so many of you after so long, having participated with this site through my husband, Robb, aka GoMano. You have through the months been so "thick" with our family and the UGD/Weekend was an amazing culmination of the preceeding months of friendship building and relationship cementing.

I'm being "paged" downstairs by my two angels to go watch video of our trip...ooh, I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                            Blue Calx: You're allllriiight man! Honest, kind, caring, considerate and a much better guitar player than you realize. Hope to see you in CA again sometime soon!
                            That means a lot coming from you, Mr Brendan, thank you! And I'm not ashamed to publicly thank you for my first "In and Out experience". I'm glad the first time was with you

You'll be cookied again shortly, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                              Luke Duke: The living definition of Southern Hospitality. Can you believe you've got a PRS yet? You and your wife make the cutest couple and you're both just as nice as can be. Next time you're in CA gimmie a call!
                              You're too, too kind, I think you're a displaced southerner truth be known!

Luke
                              “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Ok....who photo shopped this?

I did a little math and came to the conclusion.......I only slept 7 hours the entire time I was there...lol.

I've been re-living this whole trip since I got home. I really don't know what to say. I've led a rather interesting life thusfar, but this trip is right at the top. I just wanna thank you all for putting up with me and my shenanigans...especially my roomate Jeff_H. I don't know how you did it bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X