Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UGD - Photos and Impressions

Originally posted by JOLLY
    It's not my fault if your father came home slightly deranged.
    I was already deranged before I met you. I think she knows thate a little
    Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
    Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
    I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
    Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
    Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
    Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
    Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
    Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Man... those skater kids were probably scarred for life....

Comment

I see my weakness was exploited!
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Calx
          lol, what skater kids?

*stop* story time!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
            lol, what skater kids?

*stop* story time!
            LOL....I think he's referring to me. I'll let one of them tell the story, cause I don't think I did anything wrong.....did I?

Comment

For your viewing pleasure....
              Last edited by JumpMarine; 03-05-2007, 07:16 PM.
              '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Almost forgot one.....
                Last edited by JumpMarine; 03-05-2007, 07:16 PM.
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Fabian is my hero...But what the hell am I doing? Looks like i'm biting my nail!
                  THERE IS TOO MUCH METAL IN MY SIGNATURE AAAAAHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Calx

[drawl] "Skate or f*ckin' die, man..." [/drawl]

Comment

c'mon !!! stooory, stooory!!!

Comment

What the UGD meant to me in a 1000 words are less… lol
                        I originally went to UDG in order to wind a JB pickup for my Charvel Fusion guitar. However, after getting there it was the Music and the people that made it what it was. There were no ego trips at all from anyone there, employees, forum members or special guests. Arriving Thursday evening and heading to Joe’s to find the tall blonde at the bar, Billy Gill, was a mission once getting there I noticed a few members whom had pictures posted, and the fun started there. Meeting Scott, Jumpmarine, Bones, B2D, Brisk, Jeff_H, Jeremy, and Jolly was great everyone was super cool. Then being picked by Billy for his A-team to go have some more fun . Then walking back to the hotel with Jeremy at 1:30 in the morning and talking to him was cool. It was like meeting old friends even though I have only been a member for a short time.
                        The next day The President of SD, Sabina was at the hotel to make sure all the members made it to the factory ok. The hundred or so users or so huddled in front of the Seymour Duncan building waiting for Evan to start the UDG. Evan “Bill Nye the Pick up Guy” Skoop, gave us a very informative tour of the factory. Then after the tour, which was broken into three groups, we had pretty much full rein of the factory. What major international company does anyone know would let its basic users have full rein to go just about anywhere in their factory and take pictures of anything or anyone. None I know of. I sat in on Seymour little meeting where he talked about his life and asked the different users who they like, mine being Randy Rhoads, and Dave Mustaine.
                        Then Lunch was served, with a speech from Evan and the infamous speech from B2D with the dogs in the background. Everyone at the factory was great from Cathy, and Sabina, Evan, Billy to the hourly employees. Sabina also introduced me to Eric the IT Manager, who was very cool and showed me the server room nobody else had access to. And MJ who help me wound my JB Strat single coil pickups. I got to the dinner and jam late. I got to jam to a made up Metal tune with DSS3, KrankGuitatist, and lepermessiah, in form of Dave Mustaine and George Lynch. And These there guitarist I was with rocked and the future of metal is in good hands. However, we did fine out after playing that Krankguitarist fly was open for some part of the jam, lol. I hing out and watch the rest of the jam which rocked.
                        Following the jam I was tired and was going to go back to the room. After saying my goodnights I started back to the room when Kat Dyson came out and asked where the hotel bar was. I decided to show her where it was and along the way she asked me if I would join her for a drink. I am one never to turn down a drink. So heading to the bar with guitar in tow we order drinks. This woman with her husband asked me if I was going to play. I told her that I have already had played. She asked me if I was with the metal band earlier. I told her a resounding, “Hell yes!” Then she goes on and says that I probably have tattoos also. I told her, “hwy yes I do.” Note, I have had then for seventeen years and that was when I received the last one. Having a drink with Kat and talking about music was very cool. She was very down to earth and was cool like everyone else I had met at the UGD. They Finally kicked us out of the bar at twelve, and I said goodnight to Kat and headed back to my hotel room. When I got there I heard Jolly, Jeff, and Bones in the room next door to me. I went over there to jam, and drink George D!ckle with them till about about 1:30. Then crashed in my room.

Comment

The next morning got up and packed and went to the SD UDG brunch. It was cool hearing the stories Seymour was telling, and talking with Jumpmarine and youngpup and his family. Finally, I was deciding to go home after I got my guitar setup at Jenson’s music store. However, that changed Scott, Jeff and Jolly were going to the music store and we all caravanned over there. Invading Instrumental music first playing all their cool guitars and messing around for a hour or so, then I went and scouted out Jenson’s music for I was just wanted to go there then head home, but nooo I am a tone junkie and hung out. I was getting my guitar setup by the cool guys there when everyone else showed up. We hung out there for at least two hours for sometime just telling stories and hanging out in front of the store, see Brisk’s pictures. Then Scott, Brisk and Bones had to leave and we said some goodbyes and took more pictures and the rest of us decided to go to the pier to hang out and eat and drink. We all wandered down there to a restaurant we invaded called Moby ****’s. Were we hung out, I got to hear the infamous Jolly cleaning lady story. Sorry, you have to ask him… LOL. Jolly was trying to get one of the little sailor hats that the bus boys were wearing to give to Jeremy, who was wearing a leather one. Jeremy promptly flipped off Jolly. We finally at 6:30pm got back to our cars since Jeremy had to catch a plane. And we all said our goodbyes and headed out separate ways. I know for myself I glad I went for the planets will never lineup and again for this to happen like it did. Two last things about the weekend it was toomuchfun, and “it is all about the D!ckle!”

Comment

D*ckel, I wouldn't touch D*ckel if you gave it to me. Rot gut if you ask me. But, if it works for Jolly, that's fine. Cured in a keg of old sweat socks perhaps?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Man it sounds so cool, I wish I could have been there. I am now on some slow dial up but I waited for all the pics to load and read every post. The pup winding would be second to meeting and hanging with you guys/girls. I laughed right along with the stories as if I was there, and I'm almost crying because I couldn't be there. I'm gonna be at the next one no matter what.

Comment

What else can a guy add to all this, to say it was AWESOME. I went to the zoo on Saterday with my wife and liitle girl. My daughter went nuts when she saw the monkeys.

My only regret is that I did not get in on the jam. I have such a hard time playing in front of people and there was some realy sweet playing going on.

Tyler
                                WHAT DO I KNOW, I'M JUST A HICK THAT DOESN'T KNOW BETTER

G&L ASAT Legacy
                                '78 Super Reverb CPR8 Mods
                                Spina Modded DOD Classic Tube
                                Takamine limited
                                79 Electra les paul w/Stagmag neck Custom StagMag bridge
                                Warmoth w/ Seth Lovers
                                Ibanez JTK1
                                and lots of projects

Comment

Working...
                                X