the latest of my recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the latest of my recordings

behold! yet another riff that I didn't write! lol...I added a fwe things here and there to basically finish the song...

this isn't with my ESP and the duncans this time though..it's my axis w/dimarzios...

and yes, the lead is horrible! but after about 4 hours, it's as good as you're gonna get...LOL..

enjoy
    Splawn QR
    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
    My Gear Pix
    My SPLAWN Clips
    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Re: the latest of my recordings

Very nice shred! I see you've been busy recording.....sure keeps ya busy playing. I was on a rampage for a while experimenting with the pod xt and then a flextone III....unfortunately they both didn't make the cut. So back to tweakin the 5150. My problem is patience and I always seem to think that golden tone is going to fall in my lap.........heheh maybe so with a mojave peacemaker! Seriously though I freagin hate tweaking.......SUCKS! Unfortunately I'm S.O.L for probably a month.......or as soon as my fret hand heals. I slipped with my drill during work and chewed right into my middle finger nail on my fretting hand........thought of slapping some crazy glue on her .......then again it's pretty nasty. Oh well.......keep up the good work brother!

Comment

Nice riffs man, the riff starting at 2 minutes reminded me of Message in a Bottle by Sting haha. Solo fit pretty good too, but I didnt like the ending lick. Good stuff man that would be awesome to jam that out with a band.

Comment

yeah, I've been double trackin' on my pc like a madman! lol..

I used to have a 5150..my very first tube amp actually..I hear ya about expecting to plug in and instantly sound great..lol..I've been tweakin' like crazy good..commin' up with patches on my vetta left and right..cuz I get sick of tone pretty quickly

dude, that totally sucks about your finger..I always dream some kinda freak accident where my hand gets hurt..hope ya heal up soon!

Originally posted by lizzard65
        Very nice shred! I see you've been busy recording.....sure keeps ya busy playing. I was on a rampage for a while experimenting with the pod xt and then a flextone III....unfortunately they both didn't make the cut. So back to tweakin the 5150. My problem is patience and I always seem to think that golden tone is going to fall in my lap.........heheh maybe so with a mojave peacemaker! Seriously though I freagin hate tweaking.......SUCKS! Unfortunately I'm S.O.L for probably a month.......or as soon as my fret hand heals. I slipped with my drill during work and chewed right into my middle finger nail on my fretting hand........thought of slapping some crazy glue on her .......then again it's pretty nasty. Oh well.......keep up the good work brother!
        Splawn QR
        Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
        Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
        My Gear Pix
        My SPLAWN Clips
        My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppelin2282
          Nice riffs man, the riff starting at 2 minutes reminded me of Message in a Bottle by Sting haha. Solo fit pretty good too, but I didnt like the ending lick. Good stuff man that would be awesome to jam that out with a band.
          thanks dude..I didn't like the ending lick either..my fingers seemed to have jammed up and I missed a note or two on the run, but outta the dozen or so ones I had, it was the best one and I was sick of recording the damn thing..lol..

if I only had a band that is
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Uh man drilling your finger.....man I am always mucho careful around tools, I hate messing up my fingers and hands.
            Anyways shred away Shredder

Comment

Nice clip. Which DiMarzio's were they?
              Watch My Videos
              Photography
              www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
              "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

thanks for the kind words, Rid =)

Biu--as far as I know they're 'custom wound' dimarzios made specifically for the axis guitar...I don't think they have a name...in other words, they're not steve's specials, or freds or anything like that..
                Splawn QR
                Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s

My Cover Band
                My Gear Pix
                My SPLAWN Clips
                My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
                X