This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VIDEO: Me on GUITAH!

hey Biu! if you dun mind me asking, have long have u been playing?

thats awesome!
    On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Comment

Excellent job Biu!
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I'm waiting for that thing to get down.......
        WAITIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING hehe
        Damm Biu
        That was too cool!
        And that last lick..lol I have that full version on my harddrive.
        Next thing....I nearly feel off my chair, you have some of the same quirky stuff I do when I play, littlefinger on the pickguard, picking hand that shots forward when doing some downstroke...hehe I had a good laugh there.
        Man and you play great!!
        And that guitar is too sweet!
        Love your stuff man!

Comment

its not so much the file working man, its teh size - 36mb on dialup - that would be a good day!
          Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
          Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
          Korg AX1500G multi-fx
          RAT
          Boss PH-1r
          Ibanez cf-7
          Ibanwz ts-7
          Danelectro tremolo
          Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Pac, I've been playing for about 4 years now! Yahoo!

Thanks, Wattage!

Rid, I didn't notice I did those weird things until I saw myself play, haha. Great minds think alike? I heart your stuff too
            Watch My Videos
            Photography
            www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
            "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Too postivie...guys
              I think you need to work on your right hand ,you strum hard, but i think your alternate picking sucks (actually, no ap only legato) . And it seems like you are hungry for notes, cos your eating them - not clear playing. Maybe because of weak distortion or maybe bad recording?
              (27 sec.) - it should be one run and you divided it into few...Too much stress on picked notes, cant hear h/o... not good.

Nice try, but you cant perform it well. No excuse for how long have you been playing nor your age. If you cant play good enough, dont play fast, cos you re going to ruin you technique. And will suck forever...

http://www.monumentweb.com/Malchonka1.wmv - this kid is only 9 years.

P.s. This is my imho. No offfence.

Comment

Jeeeeeesus! Biu! That thing isn't a guitar - it's a WMD! Pray the FBI don't find you, son!
                THERE IS TOO MUCH METAL IN MY SIGNATURE AAAAAHHHHHH

Comment

Mr. D, I know I'm no Paul Gilbert, so I will keep practicing. This is just the extent of what I can do so far, I was by no means aiming to scarify everyone with Sir Pablo Gilberto virtuosity, that would be impossible for me. But thank you for the criticism.

LC! Hahah, 10Q for listening! Do you have a band or recordings? I never thought of it before, but I realized I don't know what "LC sounds like".
                  Watch My Videos
                  Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.D
                    Too postivie...guys
                    I think you need to work on your right hand ,you strum hard, but i think your alternate picking sucks (actually, no ap only legato) . And it seems like you are hungry for notes, cos your eating them - not clear playing. Maybe because of weak distortion or maybe bad recording?
                    (27 sec.) - it should be one run and you divided it into few...Too much stress on picked notes, cant hear h/o... not good.

Nice try, but you cant perform it well. No excuse for how long have you been playing nor your age. If you cant play good enough, dont play fast, cos you re going to ruin you technique. And will suck forever...

http://www.monumentweb.com/Malchonka1.wmv - this kid is only 9 years.

P.s. This is my imho. No offfence.
                    This is my imho: Give the guy a break. He's a bloddy legend.

I could chuck that video up and show any damn 16 year old who would be floored by him. So what? It's like my mate showing me some wicked riffs on his guitar then me proceeding to pop on a Malmsteen CD. Who would be better?

You are far too unrealistic. I don't care how fast you can play or how fast your friends can play, that's the fact - your judgements are too unrealistic.
                    Originally posted by Kanye West
                    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I liked it, Biu!! Keep up the GOOD work, OK?

Comment

Biu, keep practising. Cos you do good, but someone does it better(like Paul Gilbert, Yjm), it means that you play not good enough...It s like, you know Steve Vai once said, "if you want to become a viruoso, you must play better than me"(something like that).
                        Me shredder, and i have a good picking, so yes i tried basically to help, not to offend. I dont think that those guys actually into shred, so they cant give oblective opinion, i see only emotional judgement.
                        Rainmaker ... Me neither. I dont care about speed. It was about perfomance. I pointed on some mistakes - can you say i am wrong. Rainmaker be more abstract. And can you e[plain - what is far too unrealistic judgements in this case? You mean he cant become a better player, someone like PG?
                        @What you are talking about - is to lie to yourself : to realize that you cant play good and gratify yourself by 16 year old boy opinion, who possibly has no idea on how to play. But when that boy, who once was floored by him, will see PG or Yjm, his idol will ruin.... You got the idea Rainmaker? He has to become a better player, if wants to achieve something, or maybe change style, cos there are so many shredders...@

Comment

Bui, that was frucking great playing man!!!!

and how about a little applause(sp?) for Rainmaker for diffending bui from mr. overcritical who posted above me

I would post about that post above me but im in too good of a mood to add bad things to a thread about someone (awesome) playing/video.....
                          Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Bro, great job. Wasn't exactly perfect, but its far better than many other teenagers i know can do. Keep it up, you got a gift.

Yo, D, bro, lighten up, give the guy a break. Not everybody has to be as fast or precise as michael angelo. Constructive critisism is one thing, but saying "you cant perform it well", or "your alternate picking sucks" doesnt help him any. Tell him what he can do to improve, don't try to trash his ego.

"and will suck forever" - Hah!
                            Last edited by krankguitarist; 05-19-2005, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks, everybody! This is truly an awesome forum. I'm in a sea of tone-brothers!

I guess I should go practice myself into a precision-based robot then?

Hah, but seriously, I'm just going to keep learning songs and writing songs. I'm not aiming to be some sort of guitar god here, just trying to sing with my 10-fingered voice
                              Watch My Videos
                              Photography

Comment

Biu !
                                You look scary and evil with that serious look on your face and the jail shirt LOL!!!

You need to crank the amp a little bit though - to really get the distortion in your face. It was kinda remote sounding on the vid.

I never heard the song - but you have great playing as usual. Also I liked the outro music.

Hmmm what else? I'd like to jam with you. We could play the pink panther theme, the ducktales theme and the chip-n-dale resque rangers theme!

Keep on roxxxin' BIU, nomatter what happens. In the end it's the rock that counts!!

Don't worry about being a "rock-star" or devoting your life entirely to music. I had a revelation not long ago. A friend jazz musician told me to do something profitable for a living and just do guitar on the side - because you can't make a living playing guitar these days. So don't try to push yourself unnaturally!
                                Now why did I say all that??
                                I think i'm just blabbering because I just came home from a jam with my band and It was so freaken loud - I lost some brains as well as some hearing...

Neways... Roxxx on BIU!!!
                                my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                                A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Working...
                                X