Check this out. He is only 9.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check this out. He is only 9.

If you think of it as learning to speak another language (which in a way it is) it doesn't seem all that impressive. I mean, it's much easier to learn a second language when you are learning it at the same time as the first. Even at a high school age it takes a lot of work to learn a second language. Toddlers pick up on it almost instantly. Sure, he didn't have quite the dexterity back then that he does now, but our mouths didn't when we were babies, either. The kid is seriously fast, but I dare say that any of us could buy a $1500 guitar and an amp that's nearly as expensive and lock our kid in a room until he can play all the stuff on the video and they'd be just as fast. The difference is that most kids don't pick up a guitar until they're a teenager and have lost their accelerated learning from childhood. That, and the first time a kid asks for a guitar, their parents get them a First Act from Walmart or something like that.

The drummer in my cousin's band has an eleven year old son who plays guitar and sings. He can nail stuff like Johnny B Goode and Sweet Home Alabama. He's even written a couple of songs that had some pretty neat riffs and solos in them. No, he's not as fast or as young as this kid, but IMO he's just as good or better. He has the creativity to go along with the technique.

Not to take away from this kid's chops. I couldn't touch him.
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Im Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He is pretty good, Paul Gilbert would be proud
        Current Setup

Ltd KH-602
        Ltd Ec-100
        Peavy Classic 50

Comment

Amazing chops for such a young dude.

Yes, his playing emphasizes technique over style...but he's ONLY 9!!!

At that age, I don't expect him to have a "style" yet.

Amazing.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Oh, yes...where does he go from here? To the stars, folks, to the stars.

While we wankers are struggling with style AND technique, this little fellow is mastering technique. When he's mature enough to appreciate style, it'll be a breeze, because he won't be distracted by technical difficulties.
            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

very technical without much emotion - IMO thats perfectly ok. he's still learning and will get tired of that much notes in few years. seems he starts learning the opposite way most of us do.
              most of us start playing slow blues because of technical shortcomings and get faster with enhancing practice. This dude does it completely different.

I'm sure he will cut his own path and find his style. Looking forward to hearing im again in later. wish you all the best for your career

Chris
              Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
              Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
              Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

Holy crap! When I have one, I'm taking my kid and locking him in his room untill he can do that . . . that's some pretty freaking amazing playing. And it looked like he was having fun doing it . . . I am impressed.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                X