X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check this out. He is only 9.

That's the point I was trying to make Mr Deadslayer

Vai & Satch are amazing because they have creativy & tunes

If the kid listened to srv, eric johnson & maybe even a bit of hendrix he would be incredible

trelf
    Kill my boss? Do I dare live the American Dream (homer the god)

sigpic

Comment

well if you think about this more logically... its much easier to learn like that when your younger than any time in your life... so his parents probably took advantage of this... when your smaller your brain absorbs so much more information rather than when your older and moving your fingers on a guitar like he does is easily remembered in his brain, at that age

Comment

Oh, hmm Guys, i think this boy is very creative. He does not just shred, for me he somehow imitates Paul Gilbert. And its hard to judge this boys style or his musicality, because we heard only one of his records.

Comment

Originally posted by o010010010101010
          well if you think about this more logically... its much easier to learn like that when your younger than any time in your life... so his parents probably took advantage of this... when your smaller your brain absorbs so much more information rather than when your older and moving your fingers on a guitar like he does is easily remembered in his brain, at that age
          +1. I can't help, but wonder how much better I'd be if I was taught guitar at a young age. I played other instruments (pretty decent sax player if I do say so myself), but I wish I didn't wait until high school to really give it a shot.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

hopefully he doesn't get burned out on the guitar from being pushed too hard to keep getting better, i know parents can have that effect sometime. Maybe the kid will grow up and want to start in a new direction aside from what he's been pointed toward, and become something new and amazing.
            Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
            Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
            Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Comment

im reminded of the 8-year-old chinese athletes, always pushed to the point of depression by coaches for better results..

a shame, IMO. if its the same video that came up earlier, its an ibanez RGT2020.

tom

Comment

if i had a kid id love them 2 be musical as i see music as a gift that has shaped my lif and cant imagin a musicless life.

but thats wrong! i bet that kis dosent even enjoy it, so whats the point?
                if i were hs dad id make him love music and want 2 paly like that then he would learn of his own acord...
                who knws maby thats what hapened.....but i think perhaps not

is it beter to force the tecknique or to let him (like us) wish he had the it while he watches some 9 year old by the age he hits 17, shreding hi pants off, like he has tryed to do for the last 2 years.....

i AM jelous

Comment

Yeah, it´s cool.

Check this out
                  Originally posted by Guitarist
                  Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                  http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

That Randy McStine kid is amazing... for his age to be writing and playing like that is... Well, I find it hard to believe thats even possible to achieve at the age of 12, to have developed that much at such a young age is amazing.

The only downside I can see about starting so young is where do you go from there? That kid can probably play almost anything put infront of him so will he get bored later in his guitaring life? Has he started too young?
                    Last edited by Chace; 05-25-2005, 10:15 AM.
                    Equiptment:

Guitars:
                    Richwood Ltd. Editon LP
                    Jackson DKMG
                    Jackson Soloist SLSMG
                    Crafter Electro Acoustic
                    Amps:
                    Carvin MTS 3200 10th Anniversary edition

Comment

Originally posted by YJM_Rocks
                      Thats how i was when i saw it.
                      hater
                      Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
                      Epi Les paul honeyburst, loaded with Seymour Duncan DD (b) 59 (n)
                      Ibanez Iceman ic300 , Stock pickups
                      Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                      epiphone acoustic
                      marshall combo
                      cry baby wah
                      monster cables

Comment

Originally posted by rombola
                        hater
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

So when's he going on tour???
                          Jackson JS1 With a EMG 85/85
                          Vox AD50VT
                          Crate MX15R
                          Boss NS-2
                          Tascam CD-GT1

Comment

Originally posted by koolkat
                            Holy $^#*!!

The kid's only 9 and he shreds like a pro!
                            DITTO TO THAT .....YEEKS IV GOT SOME PRACTICING TO DO.....MAN LETS SEE IM ONLY MMM...13 YEARS BEHIND....D'OH
                            "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by rombola
                              hater
                              kiss my ass
                              "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Comment

It's pretty cool the way kids like that have a headstart, I've always wished I'd picked up guitar earlier. As long as they continue to develop they have a great chance of being great guitarists, and hopefully they'll do that as opposed to continue to be known for the fact they can play that well for their age - as that doesn't make people want to continue to listen to your music, its just a novelty, and you can't make a career on it.

Is it just me, or does that kid look like alvin from the chipmunks?
                                Anyone know his name? I'd like to put him on the shred videos page on my site Shredaholic.com
                                Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
                                Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X