Seymour Duncan factory tour pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seymour Duncan factory tour pics

thanks for posting the pics .. and congrats on enjoying a visit at the mothership .. i hope to make it there some day myself

cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

very cool guys, looks like you guys had a blast. how'd that super sound scott?

Comment

Great pics Curly, thanks for sharing!!!
        Shame that I live in the wrong part of the world - I'd love to take a tour and meet everyone there.
        I wonder if the wife wants to holiday in California this year!!??!!
        GUITARS
        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
        AMPS
        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Very very cool Curly, thanks for sharing!
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
            I'm the sort-of Jerry Garcia look alike
            You da man, Curly!
            Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

And, I can't believe y'all messed up the picture with Kellie!
              Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

evan took a better pic with me, curly and kellie. i hope he posts it soon.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_M.
                  And, I can't believe y'all messed up the picture with Kellie!
                  sometimes I totally disgust myself
                  actually, I thought I took another one ...

thanks God Evan bailed me out!

btw, I added a larger pic of the Leesona PAF winder in the first couple of shots

thanks again for your compliments ... it was a blast
                  "music heals"
                  facebook

Comment

I like how you "thumbed" out Evan's face in that first pic. Nice job rookie!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Kellie's office looks like it's clutched in the ceiling of a Costco. Looks like Duncan pours all of the money into manufacturing and advertising, rather than complete facilities! LOL!

Actually those pics remind me of the parts of the Fender factory where they use all the original equipment. Looks like a neat place? I wonder how one gets a job building pickups and such like that?

Comment

well, it is a factory, so yeah, the ceiling is just exposed structure, but the upstairs loft is a very nice space - not fancy at all, but simple, spacious, with nice light, and when you look out the windows, you see mostly green, not concrete

it's a pretty harmonious environment, both physically and on a personal level

and I pay attention to that sort of thing, since my background is in environmental design
                        "music heals"
                        facebook

Comment

Hey Curly - thanks for sharing the pics and your impressions. Wish I could've been there to hoist a few beers and get to know you and Stevo better.

Chip
                          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
                            Hey Curly - thanks for sharing the pics and your impressions. Wish I could've been there to hoist a few beers and get to know you and Stevo better.

Chip

what the heck am I? chopped liver? hahaha! glad I didn't get to hoist a few with you too pal!

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

you're huge Scott!

stevo looks like how i imagined, and the rest look completely different than what i htough.
                              coo pics, i gotta take a trip there sometime. i could say that im on the forum and i'll get a free Custom from them for my advertisement on other boards, and in the real world!!

Comment

when you get your free custom, let me know. I'll then be making a return trip to get mine! hahaha! you're dreaming, pal.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X