X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer's Indian-sounding clip

From my band, Hazard Factor- a song called Shiva, from a Hindi chant:

http://www.hazardfactor.com/test/Shiva020104.mp3 9mb

Used my Brian Moore, and my Adamas SMT for acoustic parts. Bass and other sounds are guitar synth. Solo at the end is my Roland GP-100 direct to the computer.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: Mincer's Indian-sounding clip

Very interesting to say the least. I love the acoustic sounds. I like the transition at the 4:50 mark. Great playing as usual...but that's a given.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of that little solo break from 2:25 to 3:20. It's not that it's a particularly amazing or head-spinning break, but just that it's very solid, very great musicianship. I thought the smooth sounding electric guitar solo (starting at 6:46) was very inspiring, up-lifting, and dynamic.
      My only complaint was that flurry of notes starting at 8:30, it just seemed out of place considering the atmosphere of the rest of the mix and the nature/evolution of the solo.
      This is definantly getting a five-star rating.
      Last edited by Closed Eye; 04-21-2004, 12:05 AM.

Comment

thanks all, for the kind words!

Comment

very nice .. i enjoyed it alot .. exceptional musicianship and 'vibe' .. i would love to see you live doing this kinda thing

care to tell us a little about how you recorded it? .. how many overdubbed tracks? anything sequenced? which software used? etc ...

thanks

t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thanks again! Yeah, we do this stuff live too!
            I recorded it on the PC, using Sonar 3, with nothing sequenced, it was all played live. The strings and Chiors were the Brian Moore triggering G-Media's M-Tron, a supurb Mellotron emulation. The tablas are another softsynth, triggered by keyboard. The bass at the beginning is a Chapman Stick sample from the Roland XV-5050, the fretless bass is from the same source. The bass pedal sounds at the end are Moog Taurus bass pedal samples from Spectrasonics Atmosphere- a wonderful softsynth.

Total so far is about 50 tracks, although most are just small snippets of sound- nothing goes all the way through the song at all.

Comment

thanks for the details .. you are in heavy rotation on my desktop

cheers,
              t4d
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
              X