Little Wing - a work in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Wing - a work in progress

Usually I post finished stuff, but I thought I'd get a little feedback from you guys on something I'm working on. Always wanted to learn Little Wing, so I'm giving it a try. Here's a very rough mix of a practice session. Just learning the changes, trying some different riffs and stuff. I want to make my own version, yet have it identifiable, know what I mean?

Anyway, here it is. This is a Tele, my Turbo Pup and lot's of volume
    http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000017185.mp3

Re: Little Wing - a work in progress

i got a pretty nice recording of the intro, but it doesnt fit with the tone you have on that clip...
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Pretty cool, Has the laided back jazz feel of Sting's version with a taste of SRV.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Oh man I love it - your acheiving your goal in making your own version yet connecting to the original at some level - I pretty sure I have liked every version I've ever heard of this song. But Sounding good - I look forward to hearing it when its done!

Comment

Thanks guys

Geez, Sting's got a version of this? I thought I'd heard all the different versions.

flank, I didn't try recording a solo intro yet, still working on getting the changes smooth. You can hear a few stumbles in the practice clip

Thanks, take2. I don't know if I'll get a unique version out of this, but it's a h#ll of a lot of fun to play anyway!

Comment

Yeah, Sting did a killer version on his 1987 'Nothing like the sun' Album.
            Here's a link to so other famous or not so famous covers of 'Little wing'
            second hand versions
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Hehe, cool link, kmc! Bookmarked it for later use.

Comment

I like it a lot. You have a lot of feeling in that song! Your tone fits that song perfectly. The many fills and notes that you are hitting throughout really make this song , you not being lazy with that guitar, that's for sure. :-)
                2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

I love little wing, it's my favorite Hendrix song, and usually I hate when people cover such beautiful classic songs like this, becuase (obviously) most people just fall short of Hendrix's awesomeness.

However, I really like your version. You did a great job personalizing a classic without butchering it or taking away too much of the Hendrixyness.

Comment

Thanks! It might take a while to get comfortable and work it into my own, but I've got more time than anything else

Comment

Nice version of wing one can hear jazz influence in your version might want to play softer in some passages but other then that a nice insrumental.

Comment

Nice version of wing one can hear jazz influence in your version might want to play softer in some passages but other then that a nice instrumental.

Comment

Thanks, o.s. dude

I am trying to throw in a few chord substitutions I've been learning about, glad you can hear it. Dynamics will definately be added to the final piece!

Comment

Hey ALF,

Litttlewing is probably my alltime favorite tune. I really dig hearing different versions of this song, because I believe the song lends itself to interpretation by the player. I like your version alot, can't wait for the finished product. Tasty stuff.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Working...
                            X