banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tip i thought id share about improving alternate picking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tip i thought id share about improving alternate picking....

A long time ago i found out from someone (cant exactly remember who, might have been my old guitar teacher, mighthave been steve morse ) that to improve alternate picking one thing you can do is to just up-pick everything, because it is usually the up-picks that lack more than the downpicks. You could also do the same thing with downpicking i suppose, but apparently up-picking works the best.

I tried it a few times and it really makes a difference...to me anyway.

Just thought id share in case anyone was interested, although most of you have probably heard that one anyway
    My Soundclick page.

Re: A tip i thought id share about improving alternate picking....

On this subject. I practice eighth note triplets alot while changing strings. I.E. I do three on the E string then three on the A string, etc. All the way across the strings.

For some reason it is much easer to do descending triplets (high E string to low E string) than ascending (low E to high E). As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to move the metronome in months because I want to keep things in balance.

Anyone run into this? Why is it difficult to go one direction and not the other?
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
    X