grrr, i need recording tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grrr, i need recording tips

how do i get my recordings to sound professional?
    i've heard all the things you're supposed to use-with compression and eq and all that-but i don't think i'm doing it right, it doesn't ever come out sounding right, whenever i try to brighten something up by putting in more highs and such, it just starts sounding harsh, and nothing really fits together the way it should.
    I'm wanting to do some stuff apart from my band, but i need to get this right before i attempt anymore and kill my motivation. any ideas?
    Originally posted by krankguitarist
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Re: grrr, i need recording tips

Originally posted by RushOfBlood
    whenever i try to brighten something up by putting in more highs and such, it just starts sounding harsh
    From my perspective, it's best to keep everything as flat as possible. I have the same issue with altering tone after it's been recorded. The work is to record a take that sounds good from the start, where you don't need to eq it later.

Are you compressing while recording, or after? What kind of mic are you using? That is a very important start.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Re: grrr, i need recording tips

I'm not trying to sound like a smartass here, but the most important thing is to have a good sound on everything before you record it. You can't polish a turd.

Comment

Working...
      X