Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes FGI Technology Pickups

Are they any good?

I'm thinking of getting this Fernandes guitar with a pair of FGI Technology active single coils.

My Duncan Custom/A2P are in transit btw. Can't wait til those babies are with me. My Epi LP's gonna kick more arses when I put those on!

Re: Fernandes FGI Technology Pickups

bump

Comment

I just bought a set on Talkbass and now I'm wondering if I made the right choice. So far have read nothing good, which is weird because Fernandes basses are awesome. Look at the FAB bass. I don't know if I want to take the time to remove my Seymour Duncans to replace them with the FGI pickups and preamp. Granted, I've only read two reviews so far, but both unfavorable. I paid only $40 for the P/J set and the preamp so I figured I was getting a deal. I promise I'll keep you informed.
      reverbnation.com/michaelbalazki

Comment

Wow, 15 years old!

Which Duncans are you taking out, and why did you need to replace them?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Wow, 15 years old!

Which Duncans are you taking out, and why did you need to replace them?
          Wow, I didn't notice it was a zombie thread ! I know thread etiquette says to look for your thread first before starting a new one. Thanks Google
          I misspoke ; I don't want to replace my P/J dip switch pups perse, but merely compare the two brands and I only have one P/J bass. I will look at Youtube and see if there are any videos using FGI Technology pickups.

Comment

Oh, you have those pickups with the switches. I like those! Actually, those are universally liked. I understand about just swapping for research, though. But in the end, I think you'd put back the SDs.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Oh, you have those pickups with the switches. I like those! Actually, those are universally liked. I understand about just swapping for research, though. But in the end, I think you'd put back the SDs.
              I LOVE these pickups ! I have a few sets. They are amazing. Like I said, I just need a Pbass to try the Fernandes pickups with. I'll just be patient and get another cheapo-ish P/J someday.

Comment

Working...
              X