Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vox Valvetronix 120w head?

Originally posted by JeffB
    Agree wholeheartedly. The 50 watter is not bad considering the cost. I had that version, and were it reliable, I'd still have it. The 30 watter that I have?....blech. I think you really need a 12" speaker if you are gonna go with the lower end VT's.

The higher end VT's are much better sounding (but the marshall models *still* are not quite right to my ears). Line 6 does have the edge on getting the frequencies right for the Marshall stuff, they just are a little sterile (especially the plexi's) compared to the Vox.
    I agree....The Marshall models are wrong in the mids...You pretty much need a Marshall to get that Marshall sound,but I do like the Modern Gain DSL Model in the VTX series head I own..

This RAT pedal I built has an pretty amazing british grind straight into my Vox VTX's BF 2X12 model and into a Marshall V30 4x12 here at home..

Also,the built in "RAT" pedal tone in the VTX Valvetronix is ok,but my pedal blows it away!
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 09-04-2005, 02:55 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
    X