Metroamp point-to-point board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metroamp point-to-point board

just ordered a kit to build a drop in replacement handwired board for a 1959slp reissue from metroamp

along with that I also bought a PPI Master Volume kit (rich mod). when ordering the kit, I asked for some different components from the stock '68 board such as:

split cathode on V1, 330uf cap across the 820ohm resistor going to V2A

etc, making the circuit sound more high gain while retaining that classic marshall plexi tone (think van halen I, under lock and key)

and George was more than happy to go through the different components for me, making changes to the stock board kit on the site's shop. I can't wait to get this amp up and running, I'll post a build report when done
    Last edited by shredaholic; 09-03-2005, 04:23 PM.
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Re: Metroamp point-to-point board

Just got my Metro board kit in the mail today! I'm converting my Laney
    Pro- Tube 50 to P2P. I whent with the MV board to keep things simple and some what true to the original design (It's based on a 2204 anyway) But I already see I'm gonna need some help wiring the PT. If I'm not mistaken? Laney used Skot trannie's that are color coded different than the Drake's in a Marshall. So I hope someone on the Metro board can steer me right. If not? there's plenty of guy's here I'm sure can figure it out. I got a pretty good Idea how to do it, BUT NOT A AREA YOU MAKE ASSUMSIONS!
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

are these Hoffman kits that metro is selling/making?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
        are these Hoffman kits that metro is selling/making?
        I don't think so? Metro is not listed on Hoffmans site as a vendor. Metro pretty much only has Marshall clones. He's the only one I could find that offered a 2204 clone in a P2P.
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
          Just got my Metro board kit in the mail today! I'm converting my Laney
          Pro- Tube 50 to P2P. I whent with the MV board to keep things simple and some what true to the original design (It's based on a 2204 anyway) But I already see I'm gonna need some help wiring the PT. If I'm not mistaken? Laney used Skot trannie's that are color coded different than the Drake's in a Marshall. So I hope someone on the Metro board can steer me right. If not? there's plenty of guy's here I'm sure can figure it out. I got a pretty good Idea how to do it, BUT NOT A AREA YOU MAKE ASSUMSIONS!
          I think someone on the metroamp forum should be able to help you install it, and if not you can email George, hes really helpful
          Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
          Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
          X