Is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible?

Ive narrowed my amp choices down to 2 and they are a marshall JMP mastervolume series head from the late 70s or a reissue plexi 1959SLP or 1987x. It could be either 50 or 100 watts cause Ill probably get an attenuator. Anyway, my question was that if I get the mastervolume head would I be able to just tweak it a little bit to get rid of the brightness and make it more "plexi-like" without having any mods and being able to turn it back to its original specs. I was wondering this cause I know if I get the mastervolume I would most likely be able to sell it for just as much or more than when I bought it if I have to which I wouldnt be able to do if I got the reissue, and also it would be a shame to take something vintage like that and mod the heck out of it.

Re: Is this possible?

Im confused...what are you wanting to do?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

If I would get a mastervolume head would I be able to tweak some of the component values inside to make it sound a little more warm and a little less birght?

Comment

if you want an amazing sounding plexi, get a metroamp clone kit www.metroamp.com

the circuit board is point to point making modding components easy, and for $8 they have a post phase inverter master volume kit that you can install so you can drive the power stage at bedroom levels
        Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
        Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
        X