Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "British" sounding combo amp?

JCM 800 4104

+ an SD-1 or TS9 type pedal for a boost, neck pup or volume rolloff for cleans.

Comment

Being a Brit I should be pushing Marshall, but if you've got the money, try out a Rivera.
      :: Fuzzbox.org ::
      Revs.org

Comment

hey! Thanks for all the help!

I'm probably going to find a Marshall combo on ebay or go with the Traynor. Those Rivera's sound great but the price tag is too "ouch" for me.

Again, thanks for the help!

Comment

orange AD30.. about as britrock as britrock itself!

tom

Comment

Why not just get the Marshall!! A DSL or TSL or even an older 900 Combo.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Chill's got the right idea, although my weapon of choice was it's baby brother, the model 4010 1x12, 50 watt, single-channel combo. If you're a modding frame of mind, the JCM800 channel switchers are likely a bit cheaper, and have lots of tube sockets you can do cool things with.

Also, check out the Reverend Kingsnake quick, before they're all gone.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Find a used Reverend HellHound or Kingsnake. Really good sounding amps. You'll save some money have some sweet tone.
                Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
                -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Working...
                X