Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well my head(F-50) won't be done for a few weeks

Originally posted by Xeromus
    JJ makes matched sets specific to amplifiers. He tests them to make sure they are in the correct range to work with mesa amps.
    I take that as a no to the bias question?
    Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Originally posted by Nite_Maresz_25
      I take that as a no to the bias question?
      Right. You can't adjust the bias on mesa amps unless a tech puts in a bias pot anyway. I actually like the fact that you don't have to mess with bias on mesa amps. You just have to make sure you get mesa tubes or sets made to work within the amps range, like the JJ's.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
        Right. You can't adjust the bias on mesa amps unless a tech puts in a bias pot anyway. I actually like the fact that you don't have to mess with bias on mesa amps. You just have to make sure you get mesa tubes or sets made to work within the amps range, like the JJ's.
        Oh, cool. I thought that the fixed bias only worked for mesa tubes in mesa amps. guess not

Comment

Yeah, go back to the tech, tell him never mind, and bring the amp back.

Another cheap source for JJ's is www.revolutionguitar.com Most distributors buy them from the exact same supplier, so as long as they're tested and matched, you'll be fine just popping them in.

If you leave the amp with the tech, they'll charge you $50 and also charge you an expensive retail price for Mesa Sovtek tubes. JJ's are cheap, and better.
          Last edited by Gearjoneser; 09-05-2005, 02:37 PM.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks for the info Joe. I'll either call him myself or be lazy(most likely what will happen) and my dad will call him. I'm planing on ordering the high gain JJ set and taking them to the place and poping 'em to and seeing if it sounds good. If it doesn't i'll keep my tubes in there, and have the dude look the amp over.

you guys rock

Comment

Well, tomorrow I will call them and ask:
              a)what brand of tubes they are going to rutube it with
              and
              b)if i could supply and pick the brand of tubes they retube the amp with.

will update after I call 'em.

Comment

Working...
              X