Palomino v16 Headroom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palomino v16 Headroom!

I'm really having trouble here. I won't be getting another amp for awhile. I need enough headroom for small gigs/rehearsals/jams.

I tried a V16 Palomino at guitar center, and although I didn't get to crank it, I was REAL impressed with the tone. (And so were onlookers watching me play, apparently, lol)

My question is will this amp have enough headroom for me to do what I need it to? (especially in the cleans department)

Thanks in advance!

(sound clips are MUCH appreciated )

Re: Palomino v16 Headroom!

welcome to the forum!!

what type of music do you play? ive put the fender blues jr and v16 side by side and i thought the fender was a better sounding amp for the same money. the crate has more gain but i think the fender has a thicker tone

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
      ive put the fender blues jr and v16 side by side and i thought the fender was a better sounding amp for the same money. the crate has more gain but i think the fender has a thicker tone
      The V16 does have a slightly more metailic tone to it (Not to be confused with Metallica) but that is from driving those tubes just pass the edge of class A. (This amp is not a ture class A amp - But it does come close)

It is the same as other amps - personal preference. I use both amps to get different tones. I love however to get the wider tone variation that the V16 gives.
      Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
      When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
      Red Devils - 1% all the way!
      Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
      Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

If you like the Palomino, but think you need a little more headroom, you can always change V1 and orV2 to a lower gain tube, such as a 12at7 or 12ay7. I have an older VC20, and I've put at7's in there and I'm totally happy with it.
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Ah I play Classic rock.

Led zeppelin, mostly. BUT add some Hendrix, Cream/Clapton, The Doors, etcetc

Some Blues aswell. (SRV etc)

Comment

Working...
          X