And My Marshall Guv'nor Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And My Marshall Guv'nor Pedal

This is the first series Marshall Guv'nor pedal I guess from around 1990 or so? I have it dialed in really nice,though I'm still tweaking the treble/tone circuit..A great Marshall stack tone in a box and another classic pedal I wanted to buy years ago and never bought it...Lots of overall control of the highs,mids,and lows with this pedal...All this is just a hobby that keeps me busy when I'm not working and modding all of your all's pedals that you send me...

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 09-06-2005, 06:28 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: And My Marshall Guv'nor Pedal

how does the Guv'nor campare to your Rat?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      how does the Guv'nor campare to your Rat?
      I Like the RAT better...This pedal has a bit more "fizz" over notes because it uses dual LEDs...This pedal is a good candidate for a switch to toggle between LEDs and silicon diodes...Maybe a combination of both or just 2 silicon diodes would be better? Haven't tryed that yet,but the pedal cuts perfect in the mids and doesn't have the gain or fuzzy tones of the RAT..It's an all out Distortion pedal and not a fuzz though..Both are great,but the RAT currently edges it out,however I Love the tone controls and versatility on the Guv'nor that the RAT can't touch...This pedal is alot more versatile and does a very convincing blues tone..Wish I had time to post samples,but I don't feel like hassling with recording and getting the samples onto my computer and stuff...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I used to own an original guv'nor. It was ok.

If you want to hear a really good Marshall-style od, check out the G2D Classic. Outstanding pedal.
        Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
          I used to own an original guv'nor. It was ok.

If you want to hear a really good Marshall-style od, check out the G2D Classic. Outstanding pedal.
          Yeah but can I build it? LOL

Comment

Well, mine has the standard 'epoxy goo copyright'...
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

As does my G2D Custom OD

I've just started using my G2D Custom Overdrive again with my new band. On low/mid gain settings on the Blue channel it gets quite a 'cranked Plexi' type of tone, really nice for the 60s/70s Rock we're playing

Sorry for the hijack.........

Comment

Ahhhh yes,the ole Fulltone gooby de la glop epoxy....

Comment

Hey John,
                  Nice pedal. I have an original Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal that I use to push my 900. I actually have a second one that stopped working. Could you fix it??
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave
                    Hey John,
                    Nice pedal. I have an original Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal that I use to push my 900. I actually have a second one that stopped working. Could you fix it??
                    Ummmmmm.....Maybe? I hate repairs though Dave..Time consuming and a guy can lose his shorts on repairs(Sometimes)....Sometimes it's just a bad chip or a blown power supply diode? Most problems are in the power supply as a rule.

Comment

Nice work, John. Have you shared this on Aron's forum yet? That's some impressive work and a nice layout too. Very neat wiring.

Try 2 Ge diodes or 1 Ge and 1 silicon (in opposite directions of course).

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                        Nice work, John. Have you shared this on Aron's forum yet? That's some impressive work and a nice layout too. Very neat wiring.

Try 2 Ge diodes or 1 Ge and 1 silicon (in opposite directions of course).
                        I haven't put the pedal on the forum,but I've been on the forum.....I think I Like the 2 LEDs,but I should try 2 silicon diodes..

Comment

played the guvnor through a laney 30w tube combo at a gig .. wow, really NICE marshally tone. balls to the wall and wails like a mofo

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                            I haven't put the pedal on the forum,but I've been on the forum.....I think I Like the 2 LEDs,but I should try 2 silicon diodes..
                            I've seen some of your posts but didn't have real answers for you on them. I'm still learning a lot but having fun nonetheless. It is an addicting hobby.

Comment

Does the LED need to be mounted directly to the PC board?

I'd want the LED clear of my foot when I am switching. Other than that, that looks great!
                              *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                              Originally posted by Slash2987
                              Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                              Originally posted by PVFan
                              I'm a good sex man.
                              Originally posted by Grumpy
                              I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Working...
                              X