Pignose Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pignose Amp

I grabbed on elast week and it has some real cool tones for such a small amp. Anyone else own one?

Just curious.

Tv.
    Official Web Page MySpace My Music On Soundclick

Re: Pignose Amp

BTW, it's definetely worth the money!

Comment

I used to have one, they are great...lots of fun. I'll tell ya whats bad ass...I saw a local band here in Atlanta once...he was running somekind of Marshall head into a 4x12 for his cleans then running a Pignose into a different 4x12 for crunch (with a mic of course) but he had a pretty bad ass live tone!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hmm,I'm the lone dissenter. I had one and thought it blew chunks. Sent it back. you'd be better off grabbing a used Reverend instead.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

there are several different Pignose amps...I have only tried the original, old school Pignose...like the one from Crossroads.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Scott, you are always the lone dissenter

I've got a new model and am assuming that it sounds like the one used in Crossroads. Either way, I plug my Tele and get some cool tones. Naturally, with the volume turned up full the OD isn't the best by any stretch of the imagination. Instead, I turn the up the volume to get some good dirt and use a TS9 to boost the channel.

I am taking it with me to do some shows in England. I'll mic it and it should sound vintage!

Tv.
            Last edited by The Vault; 09-07-2005, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I'm with Scott. I have one and it also blows chunks. I cant get it to clean up the least bit, even with my guitar volume rolled down.
              2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

What Quench said. I can get some halfway decent dirty lap steel tones but that's about it.

Comment

Its a fun little amp, not really somthing i'd consider using as a pratice/gig amp, but more of a "special applications" deal.

I'll say one thing though, it sounds a hell of a lot better than a lot of other portable amps i've tried.

Comment

The thing about the standard battery powered pignose is that it really only has one tone, overdriven, speaker distorted crunch. It does do this tone very well though and its a lot of fun but I wouldn't get it if you like versitility or cleans. I havn't tried thier new 10 inch speaker tube amp though, might be nice.
                    Originally posted by ratherdashing
                    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

i think the purpose of such a small amp is to allow a player access to electric guitar sounds while in remote places such as camping, at a park, or even at a friend's place. For such a tiny amp, it definetely gets the job done. Anyone expecting to recieve the holy grail of guitar tones from this amp might have their expectations raised a little high, but for the size, price and look of this amp there are few that are as appealing.

Tv.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vault
                        i think the purpose of such a small amp is to allow a player access to electric guitar sounds while in remote places such as camping, at a park, or even at a friend's place. For such a tiny amp, it definetely gets the job done. Anyone expecting to recieve the holy grail of guitar tones from this amp might have their expectations raised a little high, but for the size, price and look of this amp there are few that are as appealing.

Tv.
                        I agree. I've had my pignose for about 10 years now and I like it. No cleans, so don't even try. Here's a cool trick if you can do with the pignose.... you need someone to help you though. Start jammin' out and have a friend unbuckle the latch and open & close the case at variable rates... it sound like a wah!! Pretty fun, but the friend usually gets bored fast.... I'm still trying to teach my dog how to do it!
                        1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
                        1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
                        2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
                        Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
                        Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

Working...
                        X