Blues Junior and OD/Distortion pedals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Junior and OD/Distortion pedals question

I have only used OD type pedals with my Blues Junior. I have never tried any more aggressive distortion pedals with it. Have any of you tried any? If so what was the result? Any reccomendations? Typically in the past with Blackface Fenders I have found that distortion pedals were a big no-no...yuck!!!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: Blues Junior and OD/Distortion pedals question

though I more often play without effects, or use overdrive, I've tried a Maxon Distortion Master and a Boss DS-1
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

OD's with blackface fenders sound outstanding! a Deluxe, Vibrolux, or Pro Reverb drives great with a TS9 up front-just a liquidy smooth lead tone.
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
        OD's with blackface fenders sound outstanding! a Deluxe, Vibrolux, or Pro Reverb drives great with a TS9 up front-just a liquidy smooth lead tone.

This I know very well, but heavy distotion type pedals sound bad to me!!!

Comment

So is anyone out there getting any promising tone from a more aggressive distortion box with a Blues Jr.?

Comment

The BSIAB II sounds great in Most Fender amps. I never used it in a Blues Jr. But my Champ 12 is very close to the Jr. in size and output. . The Pedal is very aggressive (Think cranked Marshall) It's avilable atgeneral guitar gadgets As a homebrew or already together. Check out the sound clips on the page.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Here is a short clip I did using a Blues Jr and a Barber Direct drive with gain set high, My Guitar is a PRS McCarty with a C5 in the bridge! All guitar tones are from the Direct Drive!

Barber Direct Drive with Blues Jr

Comment

The DOD Big Pig sounds pretty good, though probably not as good as some of the more "boutique" distortion pedals. I've never found a pedal the Blues Jr didn't like.
                It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                X