banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use electro harmonix power tubes? impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use electro harmonix power tubes? impressions?

question in the title.

Re: Anyone use electro harmonix power tubes? impressions?

I have a set of EH EL-34s. I like 'em. But not as much as my old Teslas.

I would not hesitate to buy another set.
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Originally posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Originally posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Originally posted by Grumpy
    I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Really like both the 6CA7 and the EL34, the latter actually sounds better than Siemans in my Laney. Has crunch but in a nice open way.. Hate the 6l6 and the El84 ain't too sturdy.
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

My buddy Trace Allen was plugging for the EH EL34s not too long ago..If Trace likes em,then they're great tubes!
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

My carvin came with EH EL34's and I'm wondering if it's worth leaving them in. The pre tubes are sovtek 12ax7wa's so that could use improvement for sure.

Comment

I have a set of preamp tubes in my Carvin 12 AX7 (3) It made a huge difference in the tone of the Amp. I would consider putting them in any of my other amps as well.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
              My carvin came with EH EL34's and I'm wondering if it's worth leaving them in. The pre tubes are sovtek 12ax7wa's so that could use improvement for sure.
              The Sovtek 12AX7 WA tubes are very good and they are reliable...They just aren't a gainey tube...You see alot of companys using the WAs and there's a reason for it? My Vox Valvetronix came with a set of the WA tubes also..
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I took out the EH 6L6 for some Expensive NOS tubes. I think I might put the EH's back in and sell the NOS's. The EH's are fine. I think it's like vanilla ice cream. Lots of different flavors of vanilla. Find the ones that suit your taste. I should left my amp alone tube wise but I was curious.
                Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
                -Conrad Hilton

Comment

EH6CA7 FOR THE SIMILAR TONE OF EARLY VAN HALEN ALTHOUGH NOT LIMITED TO. i PLAY HEAVY STUFF ALONG WITH SUPER CLEAN STUFF AND IT WORKS GREAT. GREAT LOWS, MIDS AND A LITTLE CHIME IN THE HIGHS.
                  My bands links:

PEDL
                  www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
                  www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
                  www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    Really like both the 6CA7 and the EL34
                    +1
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                    My Music

Comment

i have the 6V6's in my DRRI and they're acceptable. They let the circuitry do the talking, but im not very fond of the breakup compared with my experiences with other power tubes in DRRI's like JJ's or Brimars.
                      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                      X