banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 of a kind prototype (copper) les paul...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 of a kind prototype (copper) les paul...

knowing his affinity for guitars if he says he's wanting a "strat shaped headstock" guitar that's not a strat...he's got his eye on one of these...

Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Gettin rid of a Standard, or even a historic is one thing...but selling a *one of a kind* Les Paul, is something I know I would regret down the line.

Back in the late 80's I had a custom shop Les Paul Standard I bought (barely)used. One of 250, IIRC. It was this brilliant metallic flake red color, with all gold hardware/tuners, gold diamond shaped strap buttons, creme pickguard/rings, amber top hats, and an ebony board w/ standard trap inlays (looked nicer than it sounds..I mean it was gorgeous)

It weighed about 5000 pounds, I was gigging back then and so I traded it in. The local music store sales guy knew how I was so impulsive and asked me repeatedly if I was sure I wanted to get rid of it. I traded it for a Jackon if I remember correctly. I really regret it..not only cos I've never ever seen another one like it (not even a pic of one), but also because the thing *did* have the Les Paul magic. Sustained for days..beautiful tone.

anyhoo..sorry for the ramble....food for thought I guess.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

hoss is a mind reader!! a reissue strat head charvel is on my list of things but that may come from the sale of the other 3 guitars i have up now. with the sale of those 3 guitars and possibly this one i'm looking at quite a few things and i'm also in the middle of 2 builds that need parts and finishing.

jeff: i've tossed and turned on this idea many times. as of now part of me thinks, i don't use it and i only live once i might as well get stuff i will use and enjoy more than the cool guitar under the bed. the other part thinks...man when i'm older (and it's older and still mint) she'll pull in a pretty penny if i sell it then. so it's a toss up b/t less cash now to enjoy other good gear in my youth or more cash later to spend on the future wife and kids hahaha (no wife and kids yet for me just looking in the crystal ball )

so, i'm a bit torn as to what to do. thus why i'm just taking offers and it's not 100% for sale with a set price. if a good number pops up i'll sell if not i'll keep it. like i said a bunch of times, i think i'll be happy wither way.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

lol two years hehe. that's the longest "can you hold it for me" i've ever gotten lol.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Here's a SERIOUS hold... if you still have it when I graduate engineering school, I will seriously buy it! lmao. That's another 3 years...
              7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

you guys are nuts lol.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                  you guys are nuts lol.

-Mike
                  Maybe they're trying to tell you something. ^

Comment

if you ever settle on wanting to sell it.....id absolutely knock a bunch of stuff i have lined up to buy for that.....mmmmmm.....
                    Originally posted by Aceman
                    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

well, it's pretty much always for sale as long as someone coughs up enough cash for me to want to let go of it.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Ill give you my first born child for that guitar!!!
                        Guitar:
                        2 EBMM Axis Super Sports, EBMM Sub1, Peavey Wolfgang
                        Amp:
                        EVH 5150III 50Watt>Mesa 4X12
                        Effects:
                        G-System>ISP G-String>ClinchFX EP-PRE>Stinkbug

Comment

Dude that's gotta be the baddest Les Paul I have ever seen!!!! And I don't usually even get excited over Les Pauls!!!!
                          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Richard: i have to pass on the first born, they are getting harder to hock on the black market today lol just kidding

B: thanks man, and i'm with you, it takes alot for a LP to make me look twice and this one certainly did when i first saw it!

-Mike
                            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I'm a dummy, how many thousands of dollars is this guitar really worth? I'm not trying to ruin your sale, but if it's under a grand I may be interested...xD
                              www.soundclick.com/experience
                              Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
                              Yamaha EG 112C My 100$ GEMMarshall MS-2 Mini AmpVox V847 WahWah Pedal

Comment

lizard king: no problem at all yet it's no where near under a thousand actualy it's well well well above it.

D-E: please remove that ugly thing from my for sale post. thanks.

-Mike
                                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X