No announcement yet.

How I string up my geetars... (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How I string up my geetars... (PICS)

Originally posted by Simon_F
    You're really enjoying that new camera, aren't you Scott?

Cool thread, great pics. I've never actually used that method, but I'm going to try it next time I restring.
    Actually, I did that with my wife's old digital several months back from someone. Her dig is the "less than 1 megapixel" Olympus, or it's like a whopping 1.1 or 1.2 mp. Been working great for 4 or 5 years now. No zoom. But it's still a great work camera for her (real estate).

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

i cant see your pics scott
      "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That's pretty weird. Try these links.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

oh, they are there now... how odd. my computer is being pathetic as usual. thanks scott, thats a really useful resource!
          "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Best explanation I've ever seen of that method. Definitely much more stable than just keeping tension while stringing it (although you do that here too). Definitely for the vault.
            Originally posted by The Minstrel
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Great thread scott,

here is one I found a while back and have been using, so far I LOVE it.

Comment

That's the same as Scott's method
                Originally posted by The Minstrel
                Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
                  That's the same as Scott's method
                  yep that was my point

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
                    haha ... I see an aweful lot of sloppy stringing jobs on ebay. Believe it or not, sometimes I take that as a sign that someone doesn't know a lot about taking care of their instument. Sometimes if there's a picture of the bridge from the top, I can tell if it's intonated correctly. It's the little things that make a difference.

thanks for the pics!
                    I've bought so many guitars from guys who seemed to know their stuff, only to recieve the guitar with a bad setup and an amateur looking stringing job.
                    It makes me wonder if those guys on Ebay that seem to be real players, really aren't, because there's no way a good player would play on something setup bad.

If you don't string your guitar like Scott's picture, you should start doing it like that from now on.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Scott, that was a nice idea to post this. There's still a bunch of players who still dont know that. I've been winding my strings this way for a few years, and never needed locking tuners.

Dan Erlewine also suggests this method in his prized book "How to Make your Electric Guitar Play Great" ... every guitarist should have this book handy.

Nice Gib!
                      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

thanks scott!

now all someone needs to do is post something similiar, but with locking tuners.
                        i cant seem to figure out how to properly set it up with the sperzels on my les paul.

can someone help me out here?

Comment

I certainly don't want you guys thinking that I am trying to pose as making this winding method up myself! Far from it. I probably got it from Erlewine. My problem is that no matter how many diagrams or descriptions, it never seemed as obvious as it is once you figure it out. Take a look at the diagram at the top of this page. It's the same, but nowhere nearly as easy to see IMO.

I just took those photos to help someone a whle back and after reading the post about keeping a Strat Trem in Tune, I figured it was worth a re-post.

Cheers to whatever genious came up with it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

whoever came up with it i am sure as hell glad they did. I use the same method even with locking sperzels and it is rock solid.

Comment

I've seen people try to explain that so many times and fail miserably because they were missing the pictures. Thanks Scott!
                              "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Working...
                              X