Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VH (Feel your love Tonight) "sound clip" playing along with CD

Better...hehe happy hunting
    Basicly the real fun in VHoholics thing is that he uses a Kramer Striker with one 59 Duncan humbucker, running through an RI Marshall 1959SLP and uses greenbacks....and because if his quite awesome skills he makes all this sounds amazingly great.
    To sum it up in Zappas words....shut and play your guitar
    I love his clips because he really can play.....and I am far from tired of Van Halen..hehe
    Like I am not tired of Hendrix, Beck, Gilmoure etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
      thats cool but what does your tone sound like? i still find it ammusing that after all these years players still want that VH tone kind of old aint it?
      I wouldnt mind having his tone times 2 or 3?
      Hey, to each his own. Whatever makes you happy bro. Why are you so interested in my tone in the first place? I do this to have a little fun, kinda like a hobby,pass the time. I enjoy doing it and i know alot of people enjoy hearing these clips along with everyone elses. I personally think Ed's tone, no matter how old it is, holds up extremely well against what is out today. I mean look, after 20 years people are STILL searching for it, i think that says alot. If you want his tone times 2 or 3 or any other tone you like, then go for it! I'm not stopping you. That would be awesome. Like i said, whatever makes you happy. When you do, post clips of it so we can all hear it.

Originally posted by Rid
      Basicly the real fun in VHoholics thing is that he uses a Kramer Striker with one 59 Duncan humbucker, running through an RI Marshall 1959SLP and uses greenbacks....and because if his quite awesome skills he makes all this sounds amazingly great.
      Rid thanks bro!
      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

You are quite welcome man.
        I think your clips are great and fun.
        Van Halen was one of my reasons to even play the guitar, plus I have always loved the sound of big old Marshalls

Comment

If I may. Yes, VHoholic does have the Van Halen thing down to the tee. And as cool as that is what I find most impressive are his chops. That guy can definatley play, no question about it. And as many great players as there are on this forum I personally am most impressed with VHoholic's skill's. Wish I had half of his chops!

Comment

Killer! I love your sound. You really make it work here. You have some strict attention to detail
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

VH's tone is the Holy Grail to some of us. I'd love to have VHoholics chops and tone! Keep it up! Don't we all play guitar first for our own enjoyment? I'll never tire of the brown sound. In fact I just bought a new copy of Fair Warning because of a reappreciation of that sound.
              Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

I would also like to add that I try to base my tone off of EVH's tone on VH2. That does'nt mean that my tone sounds just like it because it does'nt, but I listened to that tone and used it as a building block to try and find a sound that I like to play with. Like VHoholic said it's been 20-some years and people are still facinated with "the brown sound" to one degree or another. I think it's one of the best, most unique tones out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike M.
                  If I may. Yes, VHoholic does have the Van Halen thing down to the tee. And as cool as that is what I find most impressive are his chops. That guy can definatley play, no question about it. And as many great players as there are on this forum I personally am most impressed with VHoholic's skill's. Wish I had half of his chops!
                  hey if you like it cool, as far as chops as concerned i think guys like vai,satch, gilbert,malmsteen,and those guys have a lot more chops than evh does.
                  when evh first came out it was impressive but now after all those guys i mentioned it sounds like he is sloppy and slow
                  i fashion myself after guys like malmsteen,lane,holdsworth,gilbert and that is where chops come in.
                  evh's stuff is fairly easy to me to play.

Comment

But has any of those written something we remember??
                    Chops are nice, but I cannot stand two seconds of Yngwie before I get an urge to wring his neck
                    I prefer Carlton, Landau, Huff, Van Halen and Satch...the rest is just too much gymnastics to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                      But has any of those written something we remember??
                      Chops are nice, but I cannot stand two seconds of Yngwie before I get an urge to wring his neck
                      I prefer Carlton, Landau, Huff, Van Halen and Satch...the rest is just too much gymnastics to me.
                      I just dont get why everyone makes such a big ado about eddie vanhalen?
                      he just copied hendrix for the whammy stuff. the bluesy stuff he got from clapton had a cranked marshall amp, played a ghetto strat, stole the tapping technique from harvey mandel,got his pinch harmonics from billy gibbons what is so original about him?

I think the guy is totally overrated and long gone,everyone is so heated up about his new tour,BIG DEAL! i would much rather stay home and play anyday of the week than go to a girlie song old fart guitar playing hasbeen
                      give me alan holdsworth then your talking ORIGINAL

Comment

Hehe nobody is original, it has all been done before
                        As for taste...well we are all different.
                        Van Halen inspired alot of people, Holdsworth is an inspiration to Edward...and so on.
                        Music never gets too old, there is always something to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                          Hehe nobody is original, it has all been done before
                          JIMI HENDRIX was original,ALAN HOLDSWORTH is original

Comment

Hehe right...and Mozart was a hack

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                              Hehe right...and Mozart was a hack
                              A hack? no! a NUT? YEEESSSS!

Comment

sorry but i just dont get off listening to somebody doing someones elses thing no matter how good a job is done with it so

Comment

Working...
                                X