Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VH (Feel your love Tonight) "sound clip" playing along with CD

Originally posted by shreder75
    great playing and tone as always VH...missed yer clips!
    Thanks man!

Originally posted by captain cavman
    VH

I really like your tone and playing !

Keep on supplying samples bro !

Thanks captain cavman! Not to worry, i'll keep posting bro.
    Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by VHoholic
      Thanks man!

Thanks captain cavman! , i'll keep posting bro.
      and i will keep being original

Comment

I really enjoyed listening to your clip. The tone and phrasing were great. The only negative thing I'll say is that it's too short. I wanted to hear the whole tune...
        -Butch Snyder
        butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Well post some clips then...

Comment

yeah, id like to hear this original sound
            http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
            >cord<
            1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Re: VH (Feel your love Tonight) &quot;sound clip&quot; playing along with CD

play nice guys, seems like this thread almost derailed. please keep it respectful

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                That's great RG! I hope good things come your way with them. I'm always up for listening to peoples original material so if you can post some clips of your own i would love to hear that.

Originally posted by BS123
                I really enjoyed listening to your clip. The tone and phrasing were great. The only negative thing I'll say is that it's too short. I wanted to hear the whole tune...
                BS123 thanks man! I hear you about it being too short. I do it that way sometimes just to give a quick sample of the amp/pickup combination for anyone that's interested.
                Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Updated Van Halen clips, originals and a few others.....check out my new VH Store also. Enjoy!

Comment

Ed's SONGWRITING and RIFF construction are unbeatable.

I have yet to hear monotonous noodlers Yngwie Malmsteen or Holdsworth write a tune even as good as "Beautiful Girls", which is what.....Van Halen's 20th best tune?

RG is focusing too much on the soloing. Ed neither stole the tapping technique from Harvey Mandel, nor did he copy Hendrix at all, let alone his sloppy, crappy whammy bar technique.

Nobody.....NOBODY was playing like Eddie back in 1978, while writing hit songs that are still played every hour on every credible rock station in the US. Plus, Eddie was just plain cool, which is inspiring.

Sure, there's bootleg footage out there of Shawn Lane shredding back in the mid 70's at a toga party, but he sure wasn't about rock n' roll, and he sure as heck didn't inspire anyone to do anything other than fall asleep.

Comment

So Unchained is played with JB in bridge solo and all parts?
                    sounds f**king great

Comment

Originally posted by keano12
                      So Unchained is played with JB in bridge solo and all parts?
                      sounds f**king great
                      Thanks keano! I used the JB on the first Marshall Unchained clip (all parts). For the second 5150 combo version of Unchained i used a Seymour Duncan 59.
                      Sound Clips

Van Halen I tone clip

Comment

Originally posted by Majestic
                        Sure, there's bootleg footage out there of Shawn Lane shredding back in the mid 70's at a toga party, but he sure wasn't about rock n' roll, and he sure as heck didn't inspire anyone to do anything other than fall asleep.
                        Check out the forum over at www.noproblemhere.com

It seems that the late GREAT Shawn Lane inpsired quite a few people after all. And Eddie should be lucky that Shawn didn't have a great frontman cause if he did, it'd be "Eddie who?"

Comment

Originally posted by RG 2570
                          I think the guy is totally overrated and long gone,everyone is so heated up about his new tour,BIG DEAL! i would much rather stay home and play anyday of the week than go to a girlie song old fart guitar playing hasbeen
                          I usually don't come around here much 'cause I feel that if I'm not posting clips, I have no business commenting...until I read this!

I was a huge VH fan back with their 1st 5 or 6 albums, but not so much in the later revolving door frontman years....I, for one, enjoy the HELL out of VHolics clips. He nails each song & it's obvious that he's having a damn good time, which is the embodiment of this Forum.

With that said, look at the title of the thread.....if you despise VH so much, why even give it a listen? And once ya' did...take it for what it's worth & let it go. Was all the bashing here really necessary at all? It's the guys thread & others really enjoyed it.....

Sorry VHolic....I enjoy(ed) your clips!!!
                          Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 06-26-2004, 05:51 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

VHolic love that man. Great playing indeed! Seems you prefer the 59 then the JB I notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                              RG2570 just click on his clips...there is some org work there....trust me he has his own sound in plenty
                              good gad you guys he sounds good to me and ive been playin awile-and not nirvouna eather-

Comment

VHololic I sent you a pm.

Walt

Comment

Working...
                                X