Opinion on my playing/songs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on my playing/songs!

okay, i did some quick recordings today, nothing special, i recorded a new riff, an old original i made last year, a slayer cover, a Iron Maiden cover, and then i felt like record ing the tiny bit of back in black that i know...i dont even think it's right, but ti was fun neway. seeing as i recording with a HORRIBLE mic, they sound like crap, to the point that when i lsten to it so i can overlap tracks i am out of time becasue i cant really tell what part im on. i used my new Peavey XXL 1/2 stack for all of it.

oh btw i know that in the iron maiden cover my unison bends are off, i guess i had an off day or somethin cause i can normally get those...oh well im too lazy to re-record everything so could u guys please critique my playing. in particular the original songs, cause thats all that really matters. i want the truth...i realize i have only been playing for about a year and 1/2..a little more, but still i need to know my flaws so i have somthing to work on

Re: Opinion on my playing/songs!

The playing sounds cool but it's hard to hear. Do you have any way to normalize the recording?
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Yeah the recording was really none to good.
      As you said about using a bad mic...it really is a bad mic
      Can you borrow one that is better??

Comment

im gonna try and borrow an old condenser mic from a friend. the scary thing is that those are the best sounding recordings i have had w/ that mic to date. what i am using now is a $30 radio shack computer mic

...i am usuing Cakewalk 2002, how would i normalize the recording?

Comment

Originally posted by HetfieldRules
          ...i am usuing Cakewalk 2002, how would i normalize the recording?
          I have an older version of Cakewalk. You can mix down to 2 tracks and then select edit/audio/normalize on them. Then export to a wave file.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

i normalized the songs(thanx stevo) but they dont sound ne better....looks like thats as good as it's gonna get

Comment

ne1 else?

Comment

I'm sure that my thinking would be considered incredibly anal, but I never release anything that I wouldn't want everyone to hear. Sounds like you're recording it with one of Radio Shack's condenser mics. Given that, it sounds like your tone would be chunky enough if you had a mic that was capable of capturing that.
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

so basically you guys are saying tha untill i have a better way of recording there is no use in me posting them to have you guys critique my work. all i want to know is what you think of the originals. do they have potential? stuff to work on, my downfalls? the originals are "Lifes A *****" "Honor" "The Whipping" and then the one labled new riff, i wrote that a couple nights ago but i needed 2 guitars for the intro si i wanted to hear what it would sound like.

Comment

Working...
                  X