banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    For my part, I like what he does. It'd be interesting to hear him jam with someone like Ola.
    Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
    YES!
    George shredding over Ola Chugging?

Oh hell yes...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like the GL tone of the old days with the DD pickup the best .
      His playing in those days was raw but clearer and thought out instead of wanking off with more speed .
      Last edited by JB6464; 04-26-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I still use an old Vox Tonelab Desktop for recording and there is a preset on it call "Mr. Scary" and it the only preset I have ever used without having to edit. Funny thing is I don't play metal but I use the Mr Scary preset when I want that Neil Young and Crazy Horse kinda vibe or for a Billy Gibbons kinda sound.

Comment

Got out of the Military in 1982. Saw George/DOKKEN same year on da Chains tour with the Bengal Charvels. He started my GAS for Charvels at the time. He was playing out of 5/4x12 cabs & 3 100 watt heads in a medium sized club {Mississippi Nights in St. Louis} Pound for pound the LOUDEST show for that size ive ever seen. Wild Mick on drums plus the guitars gave me tinitus.

Comment

I'm super bummed...the COVID-19 thing killed off my Dokken-watching plans.

They were scheduled to play in my city and were also going to have a free summer concert on Freemont St in Vegas that I was hoping to make a much-needed weekend trip out of.

My plan was to finally have GL sign his prototype Washburn Outlaw! (which is currently sporting the forum's very own "Fuglybucker" monstrosity of a bridge pickup...killer!)

Comment

Not sure I can say anything positive that hasn’t already been said but lynch is one of those guys, like Michael Schenker, who has influenced just about anyone worth listening to after him.

Great player, great tone, great vibrato. What else do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                  People were tapping before EVH, Randy, and GL... EVH just brought it to most people's attention.
                  Who in Rock ? Classical + Jazz ( Stanley Clarke - Bass ). . . Lynch solidified it to Rock ( We were there
                  Eddie Exploited it ~ Not a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Nsatke81 View Post
                    Lynch is one of those guys, like Michael Schenker, who has influenced just about anyone worth listening to after him
                    After ? how bout Local so-Cal 70's rock boom ~ Ala Carte , Alan Mirikitani ( Liquid Blue / Buddaheads/ B.B. Chung King) , Bob Bennet , BOYZ < Lynch , Floyd Radford , Gary Turner , Joshua , Nightwing , Teaser / Chris Cross < the 6 Str. Shredder one) , Tracii guns , Van Halen and Xciter < George Lynch as well. there weren't even beepers yet let alone cellphones or Youtube. it was Vinyl and Each other Live to get Chops . all of us above Did those 2 things and a Hell of alot more to get proficient . Sincere Apologies to the other talents that I missed ( Forget ) < Way too Many Chemicals back then . Me , Floyd and Lynch lived in about a 1+1/2 mile Triangle from each other ~ I dont think those 2 knew that ( but I did ) I never thought to ask either one of them that.

Comment

Some people claim that George has a huge ego...
                      If that's a fact, than George can mask his true inner self that good that he deserves a couple of Oscars for it.
                      He always seemed the opposite to me when I see him in interviews or workshops, he seems rather humble and very authentic.

There is no question his playing style brought us something special, he sure has the chops!
                      Long live king George!
                      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
                        Some people claim that George has a huge ego... If that's a fact, than George can mask his true inner self that good that he deserves a couple of Oscars for it. He always seemed the opposite to me when I see him in interviews or workshops, he seems rather humble and very authentic.
                        my Synopsis of him has always been > He keeps things very simple Working his ass off on everything Guitar + Music ~ while being Equally Dedicated to Family as well, Finito.

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCKLHEAD View Post
                          Who in Rock ? Classical + Jazz ( Stanley Clarke - Bass ). . . Lynch solidified it to Rock ( We were there
                          Eddie Exploited it ~ Not a bad thing
                          Steve Hackett and Frank Zappa. But as far as I'm concerned, and I say this as a huge Lynch fan, EVH could trademark it and I'd be fine with that.
                          Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
                            Some people claim that George has a huge ego...
                            If that's a fact, than George can mask his true inner self that good that he deserves a couple of Oscars for it.
                            He always seemed the opposite to me when I see him in interviews or workshops, he seems rather humble and very authentic.

There is no question his playing style brought us something special, he sure has the chops!
                            Long live king George!
                            Nothing wrong with having a huge ego. Long as you're not a butt head too.

Anyone who can get out in front of thousands of people and light up the place has a huge ego.

You need it for that line of work.
                            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
                            X