banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

You know, I have tripped across a few Lynch stylings in my note choice. And co-guitarist gets some amazing Lynch with a Stock Ibby and a Blackstar.

But yes - still the baddest!

This is a classic thread....should be required reading.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

the Demon in the bridge? of any guitar, it sucks. but as a neck pickup, it's sweet. really, really sweet.

Comment

Largely overrated

Comment

I still think KXM is one of the very best hard rock albums of the 2010's. I spent about a year with it in my truck's CD
          player, and really soaked it in.

Dug Pinnick and Ray Luzier are a couple of the only musicians Lynch ever played with who are truly on his level, and the lyrics, vocals, bass, and drums made for a real super group.
          If you don't own the CD, buy it, or at least listen to every KXM track on youtube. It's a fantastic record and my favorite Lynch CD.

I just discovered KXM did a 2017 CD, and am stoked to see this!

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 09-16-2017, 09:01 AM.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

For my money, the complete SWAGGER of this whole platter does it for me...

Comment

The new Lynch Mob Brotherhood came out last week and it`s really good , better than 2015s Rebel IMO. Sweet/Lynch is coming out in November
              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I have been toying with reviving this thread for some time. Glad to see somebody beat me to it!

Comment

George is by far the best hold over from the 80's guitar monster days. Most modern groups are all about speed and how fast you can scale up and down the neck. George still blends diverse melodies, squeels, etc. in his solos and you just don't hear that much today.

Comment

Lot of Dokken Discussion over in the roundoff. Never forget....THE baddest mutha!

Comment

I know a guy who claims that he used to work for him.
                      For my part, I like what he does. It'd be interesting to hear him jam with someone like Ola.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        It'd be interesting to hear him jam with someone like Ola.
                        YES!

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed View Post
                          Really? I've always gotten the impression from things that I've read that he is rather full of himself
                          Read ? known Him All of my guitar playing life ~ nothing could be Further from the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Cullenszoo View Post
                            George is by far the best hold over from the 80's guitar monster days. Most modern groups are all about speed and how fast you can scale up and down the neck. George still blends diverse melodies, squeels, etc. in his solos and you just don't hear that much today.

Yea + most cant do it with any Character / Dynamics in the same amount of time george does it ~ he's real fast

btw - George isn't a holdover - he has lived and breathed guitar every day since we were teenagers

Comment

Definitely not full of himself. On the contrary, I've got the impression that he can be rather insecure in his own playing, or at least he was back in the day. That probably spurred him on to get even better, but it was also part of the psychological mix that has given him a reputation for being moody – and I have heard a number of stories concerning that.

I actually suspect there exists one very prominent attestation to his insecurity, viz., the Hear n' Aid video:

I can see where George is playing, but I can't hear it. For a guitarist with such a recognisable style, that is a sign that something is amiss. I wonder if he was simply astounded by the level of the guitarists that were in there, and decided to play as fast as he could to compete, losing his trademark sound in the process. That is the best explanation I have, at least.
                              Last edited by Sirion; 04-26-2020, 02:40 AM.

Comment

I can actually hear him clearly...
                                Esp when he uses the joker vibrato...

Comment

Working...
                                X