banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Dysfunctional is good, but not like typical 80s Dokken. Shadowlife is good too, but another step farther from 80s Dokken.

Comment

Do you mean they evolved or they went crappy ?
      Koch studiotone
      Big Muff
      DOD Preamp Overdrive
      Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

Changed, crappy is in the ear of the listener. I like the 2 post reunion discs, but if you are looking for 80s sounding Dokken, it ain't it. Play with your google, surely there are some soundclips out there somewhere

Comment

I heard some song of dysfunctional with a distorted acoustic at the beginning. I didnt really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            It's a solid quilt maple body with ebony f'board with a JB in the bridge.

Since the video shows the 2 ESP rails in the neck and middle, it could be a stock ESP pickup in the bridge, who knows.
            There it is. I stand corrected. I was merely guessing based on what his other ESPs were loaded with.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              It's a solid quilt maple body with ebony f'board with a JB in the bridge.

Since the video shows the 2 ESP rails in the neck and middle, it could be a stock ESP pickup in the bridge, who knows.
              Probably the prototype that would become the screamin demon, at least it looks alot like one.
              Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Looks like any humbucker with slotted screws/slugs.

I would've guessed Distortion also Erik, but I remembered reading that the orange wasn't his regular setup.

Comment

George knows all about great Tone. That's why he uses the best pups ever made, Seymour Duncan.

Comment

Custom ESP's and Genz Benz don't hurt either...and of course the chops. But mostly it's the Duncans.

This is the REAL MEN Lynch thread!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Which we always need to ask everytime we resurrect this thread from the past:

Where the heck is Wicked Lester? And if he's gone for good, can I use his name?
                      Originally posted by Scott_F
                      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Not being a very active member on this forum, I spent a large amount of my morning reading through all of the 15 pages here. How's THAT for a fan?!?

Anyway, I love George, one of my fav axeslingers for sure. I have all the old Dokken albums on Vinyl, and I'll get the first Lynch Mob album as well, if I ever find a "vintage style" version of it.

I have a Screaming Demon in my LP Firebrand. It's a pretty cool humbucker, in a LP it gives you a very heavy, yet bluesy type of sound.

Comment

My bad.
                          Originally posted by Scott_F
                          On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

IMHO, George did his best work with Dokken. Why is he not in that band anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
                              IMHO, George did his best work with Dokken. Why is he not in that band anymore?
                              I`m pretty sure George and Don can`t stand each other.
                              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt View Post
                                Which we always need to ask everytime we resurrect this thread from the past:

Where the heck is Wicked Lester?
                                +1

WickedLester contributed some very good threads and then he just disappeared.
                                Originally posted by Frankly
                                PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
                                Originally posted by Diocletian
                                Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X