banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

George Lynch is a guitar god.period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
      i found it odd that he brought an Eb tuned guitar to a jam where other guitarists were going to be playing guitars in standard tuning ... didnt show much consideration for avoiding a mismatch ... i also found it odd that he claimed "i don't know songs (his emphasis)" while standing on the stage with the other musicians trying to decide what to play ... and once it was decided what to play, he didnt seem to be 'listening' to the other players in a way that indicated he was interested in engaging in a musical 'conversation' ... he seemed to be up there 'saying what he had to say' without much regard for the other players ....
      Interesting observations, t4d! I thought it was a little weird too, when they
      had to stop and restart in a different key due to the tuning of GL's guitar...
      and he was definitely focused on his soloing when they got going.

In George's defense, I got to chat with him for a few minutes at the hotel
      ATM after the jam...very low key and pleasant to talk with, just a normal
      guy attitude!

Comment

the 2 times that i have had to speak with MR scary he was laid back and down to earth very zen . and then you have the killer chops and smokin' tone ! huge fan !!!!!!!!!!
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Lynch Rocks! Got to see him with Dokken in `84 and `88 and he was on fire! I`ve always loved his heavy overdriven tone.
          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I know what T4D is saying about Lynch as a 'guy in a jam situation.'

George is a musician with the amazing skill of playing metal better than almost anyone. He is an artist and does what he does very well. He's not an extremely well rounded player, or one that can be in a different musical situation. I've seen him several times in those situations, and he just walks in with a guitar tuned wrong for the occasion, and figures out the chord changes, and then does his style over it.

That's no burn, since I stood onstage trading some licks with him during the UGD soundcheck. He's furious on his great vocabulary of rock licks, and that's what he's famous for. He's never claimed to be a player who can fit in on any style. He's pure George, all the time.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

He sat in at the original G3 tour show in Phoenix(he lives in Scottsdale) and it was pretty much the same. They were doing the usualy blues and classic rock tunes and he'd just sorta wank endlessly over the wrong chords on it. Kinda lame, IMO, but ya know, whatever! He shreds on his own stuff, fo sho!

Mike

Comment

I'll listen to the guy! That would be a major score. He was the one of the few "hair band" guitarists that had some original substance, IMO. When VH1 showed their "Top 40 Hair Bands"...I had music from only 3 of the bands listed: G'n'Rs, Motley, and Dokken (Thankyou, Black Sabbath for carrying me through the "lean years of that era!).

I was a big Lynch fan, and as Don Dokken mentioned in their portion of "The Top 40 H/B's", there did seem to be more there than the broad term "hair band".

Comment

After the UGD he sat in with a local Santa Barbara band at a club downtown. Brisk, Cathy Duncan and I watched in amazement when he played "Aint Talkin Bout Love" and a couple of Dokken tunes.. Brisk recognized them, I didn't anyway, it was amazing. Jeremy and Jolly were there too.

He seems like a nice guy and he really ripped at the UGD. He played through my amp but his setup was making all kinds of noise. He had this special straplock that was messed up too Jeremy had to help him out. He and Gearjonser warmed up together so they were kinda jamming together.. hehe, Gearjonser is no slouch on the guitar either. Lynch Jammed with Robb/Gomano and some other Duncan folks later on.
                  My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Comment

Here's the mp3 of Lynch with Robb and Kat.
                      UGD Jam, Lynch, Gomano, Kat
                      Last edited by Stevo; 09-30-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

True true true!
                        Lynch rocks!
                        He had a very influencial part in my playing, I always wanted to copy his solos when I was in 8th grade and first picked up the guitar.
                        I hated his zebra hair do, but hey he lost it after a while. . .

Quick and high pitched. . . . ah man they don't write like that anymore. . . . everyone wants to sound like Korn . . . . stupid dropped toned knuckleheads need to get out an old dokken album and listen to the roots man . . . .

I once read an article where he "the great one" said he didn't like to solo, he just wanted to get in and out of the solo as fast as he could. . . . what a riot, he solos with the best of them. . . .
                        I LOVE GEORGE ! ! ! !

He's still no Randy Rhoads . . . .

sorry for that. . . .
                        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

I will BUMP this thread till doomsday or Mr scary himself comes on the thread! whichever happens first!

CALLING MR GEORGE LYNCH!
                          1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
                          2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
                          1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
                          1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
                          Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
                          5150 block letter head
                          4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

I listened to the UGD clip and ya know, I don't think he played one chord. All he did was wank all over the place. He's definitely got the chops but c'mon, play with others a little better than that....please.

Listening to BFTA this morning. Man I love the tone. Just a tad more low-end and it'd be just about right. Makes me want a Distortion for my homemade now but since I'm going to lower output pickups, I might consider the Screamin' Demon.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                              I listened to the UGD clip and ya know, I don't think he played one chord. All he did was wank all over the place. He's definitely got the chops but c'mon, play with others a little better than that....please.

Listening to BFTA this morning. Man I love the tone. Just a tad more low-end and it'd be just about right. Makes me want a Distortion for my homemade now but since I'm going to lower output pickups, I might consider the Screamin' Demon.
                              sorry erik GL is too damn good on the guitar for me to say anything negative about him!
                              1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
                              2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
                              1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
                              1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
                              Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
                              5150 block letter head
                              4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

goerge is a bad player,but in my eye's,most eightys and some ninetys players (shredders to me)are E.V.H.KNOCKOFFS.DONT GET ME WRONG,ALL THESE PLAYERS WOULD TEAR my ass of at guitar.in my eyes nobody,even now,nobody has done to the guitar world as much as he has.he might not be the fastes shredder, or have a really knock you on your ass tone(that would have gone to dimebag,r.i.p.)but i consider him,after hendrix,the creater of modern guitar styles.i know alot of you will probably disagree with me,but this is just one guitar players opinion.have at it people.

Comment

Working...
                                X