banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GEORGE LYNCH is the baddest mutha around thread!

Originally posted by WICKED LESTER
    and HEY GEORGE when are you coming on this thread!
    No joke! We're all in need of a LYNCHing!
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
      No joke! We're all in need of a LYNCHing!

oh i was serious
      i was told he does come on here once in a while
      1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
      2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
      1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
      1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
      Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
      5150 block letter head
      4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

How cool it would be too. Now I've got Under Lock and Key going. Man I love this stuff. Listened to Wicked Sensation when I got in to the office.

Thanks to you, WL, I've gone on yet another Lynch kick. I do this every once in a while....lol. I'm gonna try and record some rhythm tracks this weekend. Wish I had some backing tracks to play over.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
          How cool it would be too. Now I've got Under Lock and Key going. Man I love this stuff. Listened to Wicked Sensation when I got in to the office.

Thanks to you, WL, I've gone on yet another Lynch kick. I do this every once in a while....lol. I'm gonna try and record some rhythm tracks this weekend. Wish I had some backing tracks to play over.
          where ya live?
          i will come over and do the rhythms
          1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
          2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
          1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
          1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
          Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
          5150 block letter head
          4 1960B marshall cabs

Comment

where ya live?
            i will come over and do the rhythms
            lol...I live in TX. I can do the guitar tracks easy. Just wish I had drums and bass backing tracks to play over.

Comment

Listening to the second Lynch Mob album now. Ya know, I think a prefer his tone on that one over Wicked Sensation. The warmth and fatness is just awesome. I think this is the first record with the Screamin' Demon.

Comment

this guy has the tone and chops
                always used duncans and probably always will
                this is quite a compliment to seymour duncan consdiering EVERTHING ELSE
                Mr scary uses changes as much as i change pups!
                anyway this thread is dedicated to the guy i feel should have much more recognition than he got all these years!

I think Lynch has always had GOBS of recognition. Look at his plethora of sig guitars.

I actually think the guy is mostly hype and came from one of the worst bands of the 80's metal scene...sorry Dokken fans.
                Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

I'm with Archer of Fish on this one. After seeing all this hype, I downloaded Mr. Scary and a bunch of other live Dokken and I'm not impressed. He's good, but not worthy of all the hype. Dokken songs generally sounded like weak Bon Jovi but with a better guitarist. Dimebag, Randy Rhoads, Zack Wylde, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kerry King, Kirk Hammet, EVH, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai all send chills down my spine when I hear them. When I downloaded the George Lynch/Dokken stuff it just reminded me of Nuno Bettencourt. Very Good guitar player, but not worthy of all the hype and generic. I was very disappointed after hearing all the hype on this board and thread.

I do like the Screamin Demon pickup though, and the J Frog skull guitar is the coolest I've ever seen.

Comment

Don't know the man personally so I can't say anything there...

IMO....

Solid and interesting rhythm player with a great crunch tone

Wander about aimlessly soloist with an annoyingly thin/squeaky lead tone

As long as he has a theme that changes up quite a bit to work with (ala Mr. Scary) or his solo time is limited, i.e. Burnin Like a Flame....he's great...give him more than 15 seconds in the same chord progression and he drives me batty.....

Immense talent for sure...like EVH though, I think he's a far better rhythm player than lead player.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151
                      I'm with Archer of Fish on this one. After seeing all this hype, I downloaded Mr. Scary and a bunch of other live Dokken and I'm not impressed. He's good, but not worthy of all the hype. Dokken songs generally sounded like weak Bon Jovi but with a better guitarist. Dimebag, Randy Rhoads, Zack Wylde, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kerry King, Kirk Hammet, EVH, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai all send chills down my spine when I hear them. When I downloaded the George Lynch/Dokken stuff it just reminded me of Nuno Bettencourt. Very Good guitar player, but not worthy of all the hype and generic. I was very disappointed after hearing all the hype on this board and thread.

I do like the Screamin Demon pickup though, and the J Frog skull guitar is the coolest I've ever seen.

I think Ritchie Sambora outclasses Lynch in every aspect of playing and writing. His stuff is far more evolved when compared to Lynch's simplistic rhythm playing and noodly lead style. George always seemed shallow to me, no meat to his playing or songs.
                      Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

I think this has turned into the GL bashing thread sheesh!

BUT COME ON! ! ! SINCE WHEN IS BON JOVI BETTER THAN GL ? ? ?
                        ARE WE ON THE SAME PLANET HERE??? livin on a prayer is friggin gay! And so was runaway! Dokken at least put out some hardcore riffs! ! ! . . . you know with distortion . . . . you know with some speed involved ? ? ?

Man thats a low blow. . . . anyone ever accuses me of being worse than Bon Jovi, I'll quit! then I'll kill them! then probably turn the gun on myself for sucking so bad!

Man I'm depressed now!
                        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal
                          I think this has turned into the GL bashing thread sheesh!

BUT COME ON! ! ! SINCE WHEN IS BON JOVI BETTER THAN GL ? ? ?
                          ARE WE ON THE SAME PLANET HERE??? livin on a prayer is friggin gay! And so was runaway! Dokken at least put out some hardcore riffs! ! ! . . . you know with distortion . . . . you know with some speed involved ? ? ?

Man thats a low blow. . . . anyone ever accuses me of being worse than Bon Jovi, I'll quit! then I'll kill them! then probably turn the gun on myself for sucking so bad!

Man I'm depressed now!
                          You are worse. Now shut up and go sit in the corner.....LOL. (j/k, bro)

Go see Jon and the boys live. There's a reason why they are still popular today. Just because they don't fall in to one's expectations doesn't mean they suck. Hell, Richie is one of the best out there. The man is a professional through and through. Live, he can tear it up and keep up with the best of 'em. The difference.....he does it with tons of feeling.

I will say this about GL, he is a great player, has loads of riffs and can tear up a fretboard, one of my favorites. But when he goes off for a while, it's just "shapes" of riffs put together with no real feeling coming across.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . . I quit playing guitar. . . . I'm loading up the AR-15 . . . . where do you live again???

Sorry for bashing your idols man. . . . didn't mean to poke you in the sambora nerve . .

I rocked out with a sixpack last night. . . . I love it when you reach that stage where you look down and your hands are slipping through these riffs and in your head you say "how the hell am I doing that???" Beer is good.
                            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal
                              I rocked out with a sixpack last night. . . . I love it when you reach that stage where you look down and your hands are slipping through these riffs and in your head you say "how the hell am I doing that???" Beer is good.
                              lol lol lol lol.......I've had that happen too, although I prefer it happening without the sixpack. Did you record any of it? Those are the times I wish I had a tape rolling.

I cut some rhythm tracks yesterday and posted them in the Tips and Clips section.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
                                Solid and interesting rhythm player with a great crunch tone;

Wander-about aimlessly soloist with an annoyingly thin/squeaky lead tone

As long as he has a theme that changes up quite a bit to work with (ala Mr. Scary) or his solo time is limited, i.e. Burnin Like a Flame....he's great...give him more than 15 seconds in the same chord progression and he drives me batty.....

I think he's a far better rhythm player than lead player.
                                Wow, my sentiments exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X