banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mellow acoustic song, looking for criticism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mellow acoustic song, looking for criticism.

Hey, I'm in the early stages of writing this mellow acoustic song I like to call Spring Breeze. Anyway, it's not done, the clip bassically has every idea I've thought of in it, so some things will probabally go, some things will probabally be repeated etc. in the final product. I'm bassically just looking for criticism on everything; the composition, the playing, the tone etc. The playing is a bit sloppy, and I plan on fixing that later. You can also hear my mom opening my door and talking to me for a bit, so that'll go too.

Also, if you have any suggestions on how to make it sound a bit more genuine/real, that would be greatly appreciated. I have some slight reverb and delay on it already, but it still doesn't sound all too great.

Spring Breeze

Most likely candidate for deletion so far would probabally be the little intervals from 11-14 seconds into the song, it's pretty akward and doesn't really fit into the song that well. I had originally thought it would be cool because it wasn't like the rest of the song and flowed into the Dmaj 7 chord well, but I don't think it sounds all that good now. Second most likely candidate would be the ending section, just too happy.

Thanks for any criticism/pointers,
    Jacob
    Last edited by wasteofo2; 05-11-2004, 03:00 PM.

Re: Mellow acoustic song, looking for criticism.

I think the word you want is for your clip to be "critiqued" (dunno if that how you spell it)

but you've got a good few ideas..I like the tune to it its really something i'd listen to if i was stoned to mellow out..Your right about the intervals at 11-14 they don't realy suit..although if you mess arouing with a different progression in it it could very well add to it..

The playing was a little sloppy and technique could be a tad better but it wasn't really that bad at all... The tone definitly could have been better...Sounds like an acoustic your playing there and thats why it didnt sound to great.. Acoustics are very hard to mic for to sound good, You best bet is proboly a condenser mic but right now i don't no loads about recording....

All in all tho the ideas and song itself was good so thats all ya need!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck !

y2stevo
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

its not really too bad, but its not really special either......guess it just isnt my thing....too choppy for my liking, im more of a groove guy myself
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

After listening to it some more, I've pretty much got a definate direction, I'll probabally post an updated version tommorow.

Comment

cool. i actually think that that sounds pretty winzy. however, that interval could sound pretty cool over the main riff....
          esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
          fender mim standard strat
          peavey classic 30
          johnson j-station
          original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
          dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
          yamaha f-310p acoustic
          taylor 410 acoustic
          "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
            cool. i actually think that that sounds pretty winzy. however, that interval could sound pretty cool over the main riff....
            What's winzy mean?

I'll try overdubbing those intervals and see how they sound.

Comment

Working...
            X