X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10,000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-gibson-doub...QQcmdZViewItem
    Why?
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Re: $10,000?

drugs?

Comment

o.O!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
        drugs?
        Those gotta be some pretty good drugs.....
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
        buggjuice.net
        MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Wow, whatever drugs they have hidden in those bobbins, i wanna hit. If they were made out of solid gold and encrusted with diamonds they wouldn't be worth that much. I wonder if anyone is going to buy.

EDIT: this is a bit wierdly worded but im too lazy to retype
          Last edited by schecterplayer; 11-22-2005, 02:08 AM.
          Originally posted by ratherdashing
          If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

I'd really hate to smoke somthing made of solid gold and diamonds...that just screams "lung cancer"

Comment

Oh thos0e dam0m00it fi00gure0s! i do some0tim0e to al0so hi0t the 0000 by cha0nc0e! 00000$$
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Think of it this way: you have a ´59 burst that is worth 100k-150k, becasue these pickups aren´t in it anymore.... WITH these pickups it´s worth 250k-300k.

´Nuff said?
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

good point, though i guarentee you that the 50th anniversery seth lovers probly sound better
                  Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Think of it this way: you have a ´59 burst that is worth 100k-150k, becasue these pickups aren´t in it anymore.... WITH these pickups it´s worth 250k-300k.

´Nuff said?

Damn! You're right! I gotta get those things so I can put em in my 59' burst!!!!!!

....wait a second....

Comment

Dude these are CHEAP!

Check out the following:

15K!

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Wow... the fact that nobody is bidding on either of those auctions *almost* restores some of my faith in humanity
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Nothing sounds like the real deal PAFs... nothing. It's not hype, it's the truth. Zerb has a point, if you have an old Gibson, those will make its value skyrocket.

I wish somebody would make one that really sounds amazing. Sorry guys, but I've played Seth Lovers and owned a set of Antiquities myself and they don't come close.
                          Originally posted by kevlar3000
                          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                          Originally posted by Zerberus
                          Better is often the enemy of good
                          Originally posted by ginormous
                          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

The Chris, so many of the "original PAF's" sounded diffrent that its imposible for a possible to sound like all of them. By the way how many diffrent original PAF's have u played through, no disrespect its just i've played through a pair of original 59's and they didnt sound to great

Comment

Originally posted by schecterplayer
                              Wow, whatever drugs they have hidden in those bobbins, i wanna hit. If they were made out of solid gold and encrusted with diamonds they wouldn't be worth that much. I wonder if anyone is going to buy.
                              Not only will they buy, but the seller will probably get more than $10k. It's not just for the sound -- no pickup sounds THAT good -- it's for the history and the double-white (double-creams) are the rarest of the bunch. Rock-n-roll, blues and jazz history was made on these babies.

How much does a fork cost? Maybe $1.50 for a fancy-ish one? What if it was owned by George Washington? Even though it doesn't work any better than your forks at home, it's probably worth a wee bit more than $1.50.
                              Generic signature line.

Comment

Working...
                              X